Thread: The best way?

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    Yeah,
    From this

to this

Hear the difference
    hi steve,

Im in the process of building my own from bits lying around the house and a few purchased bits (current spending up to £10-12 ) can you tell me how you have the thread running through the nozzel? Does it just get sucked through the hose into the jar along with the liquid?

Also is it a nylon thread?
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Mark.

I'm currently using one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conrad-Disco...2209498&sr=8-1

I made my own fluid it though as the standard stuff left some gunk on my needle.

It's probably not as good as an rcm, but it cheap and it cleans my vinyl ok.

I'm Mike.

Well gents i've gone and given the PVA glue trick a go, and guess what........... it's bloody amaizing, i saw a clip on you tube about it

I tried it with 1 of my mates old records he didn't care about just to see how easy it is, and to see if i would ruin the LP, after i was done it played like new, it cost me 60p for a small bottle of glue which was enough to do 2 LP's, one more trick though if you're going to give it a go, when you've spread the glue put a tab of paper on the edge of the LP this will allow you to peel the glue off easier.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Well gents i've gone and given the PVA glue trick a go, and guess what........... it's bloody amaizing, i saw a clip on you tube about it

I tried it with 1 of my mates old records he didn't care about just to see how easy it is, and to see if i would ruin the LP, after i was done it played like new, it cost me 60p for a small bottle of glue which was enough to do 2 LP's, one more trick though if you're going to give it a go, when you've spread the glue put a tab of paper on the edge of the LP this will allow you to peel the glue off easier.
    Which brand of PVA did you use ?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Evostick in a blue bottle, but i don't think it matters about the brand as long as it's PVA.

when it's dry it peels off really easy, i've found putting it on quite thick gets the best result and is easier to remove as it doesn't tear.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Andy.

Hi Mike

I have the VPI RCM. If you wish drop by (I'm no far away fro you in Redcar) and I could clean a couple of LP's for you.
    I you like the results you will know a powered m/c is the way to go.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12