+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Platter Mat prototype testers needed **

I'm Andrew.

Default ** Platter Mat prototype testers needed **

Hi,

Glad to have got your attention. I'm in the process of prototyping a new platter mat and was wondering if anyone would like to trail my latest design and give me some feedback??

Many thanks

Andy

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

I'd be happy to!

I've currently got an acromat on my SL1200. Its got a few mods, external PSU and Low noise linear regulation. I'm using an elektra cart while my DL-103 is with Exper Stylus Co getting some treatment!

What sort of platter is it?
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Pete.

I would be glad to to demo it for you and give you impressions.
    My system is indicated in the signature section below.
    Currently using the 5mm Acromat.

Cheers
    Pete
    Hearing is believing

SL-1210 Mk5 w/Mike New Platter/bearing/armboard; Hynes SR5 DIY PSU;
    Zyx Airy3X; SME V; Hashimoto HM7 SUT; CJ PR15MkII Phono w/teflon caps.

Modwright LS36.5 Dual Mono Preamp & KWA 150 amp > Paradigm Ref 100 v.4s

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm looking for new platter mats for both my Thorens 124/II and EMT 930 turntables, so would be interested in trying yours.

I have to say that I'm not particularly eloquent or articulate when it comes to describing the acoustic properties of audio components; either they are better or not than what I already use, or worse. But if you think I can be of help, I would be more than willing to take part.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Hi I'm happy to be a guinea pig on my sp10. Currently using one of the herbie matts cut for a 1210 sized platter.

I'm Andy.

Hi Andy, l am using a 5mm Anchromat, l would love to try one of your mats
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andrew.

WOW! Thanks for the replies guys. I dont really want to spill the beans just yet about what the mat is composed of but it's going to be a 3.25mm (spec may change) dual layer composition. If you've seen any of my threads you'll probably have heard that I've got an extremely modified 1210. I've experimented with Sorbothane (3mm) and found it sucked the life out of the deck. I've got access to loads of really cool materials so I thought i'd like to start and experiment. Objective input is always valuable. I'm sure I can tell the differences of my deck but it always nice to hear how it effects others!

Guys, please send me a PM with your addresses and I'll get you a mat sorted, also state if you have a mike new bearing if you have a 12xx technics as his bearing spindle is slightly wider than a normal stock techie bearing. I'm still waiting for some of the materials to arrive but when I get them I'll mail them out to you.

Andy!!

I'm Mike.

Count me in PLEASE

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Neil.

I would be interested too.

Regards D S D L

I'm Andrew.

guys!

Thanks for the responses, I'm now closing the request for beta testers as I now have six or seven of you with differing systems! To save time I'll send a mat to all the people that sent me a PM (you know who you are). I'll get in contact with you by sending you a PM when I have finished making the platter mats, so please hang in there and I'll send you the mat.

?Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast