According to my Topfield PVR handbook I am supposed to get better results by using an HDMI connection from PVR to TV input (A Panasonic flat screen) instead of using the SCART connection. My scarts are of good quality and have served me well for a number of years. Anyway, whilst in ScrewFix getting DIY bits and pieces I noticed that they stocked a High Performance Flat HDMI Cable, brand name 'Labgear' www.labgear.co.uk for circa UKŁ12.00. Bought one (my first ever) and made the swap from Scart to HDMI. Must confess that picture quality was no better or worse so I'm assuming there is a bedding in or burn in period like that of audio interconnects? My question is whether more expensive HDMI cables are worth the money and if so what are the recommendations?

The print on the packaging informs the buyer that these are diecast steel connectors HDMI Ver. 1.3b Certified. Supports 1080p resolution.

Not looking forward to retuning everything thing around the house that is TV related before 30 March 2011. Taking FM out of existence will be an expensive nightmare for me

Thanks for your advice and experience

Ron