+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .....and from not quite so sunny Harrow

I'm Peter.

Default .....and from not quite so sunny Harrow

Hi to all,
    Must admit I've been looking as a guest at the forum for some time now. After a while of just reading posts I decided to join because it does appear to be very civilised on here and a far cry from some other places.
    I started getting interested in HI-FI as a result of working for Western Electric/Westrex in the early 1950s.You can't help to make Acoustilens speakers and all the associated equipment that goes with them without being affected in some way.
    My own kit was mainly self built. Mullard 3-3, Mullard 5-10,Mullard 20 watt,a Toby Dinsdale 10 watt and some others I've chosen to forget.Since retiring I no longer have a workshop to play with so have resorted to shop-bought kit.I recently changed my amp from a pair of Quad 11 Diamond Jubilee models to something far easier to rack up and at the same time keep the room cooler.
    I now use the following,
    Thorens TD160 Super/SME Series 11 improved removable /DenonDL160
    Marantz SACD 7003.
    Sony RCD-100 CD recorder
    Denon TU1800 FM,AM,DAB Tuner
    Marantz PM8003 amp
    Tannoy DU386s in modified Berkeley cabinets.

Pete.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome Pete
    Where abouts in Harrow are you I used to love hanging around Harrow on the Hill when I was younger kind of like going into a different time zone a wee bit spooky
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I only remember Harrow from "our" once sister shop Harrow Audio. Gawd, this area was bulldozed and re-built back in the late 70's/early 80's, making it almost un-recognisable now.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Welcome Pete
    Where abouts in Harrow are you I used to love hanging around Harrow on the Hill when I was younger kind of like going into a different time zone a wee bit spooky
    Hi John,
    Stanmore,just of Marsh lane.
    As far as Harrow itself is concerned I have tended to stay away ever since the one way system was installed many years ago.I just hate driving round in circles to get where I'm going and then having to pay to park while I'm spending my money. Having lived in Kilburn for over 20years while growing up I know Cricklewood quite well.
    Pete.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I only remember Harrow from "our" once sister shop Harrow Audio. Gawd, this area was bulldozed and re-built back in the late 70's/early 80's, making it almost un-recognisable now.
    I have a feeling that it was Harrow audio where I traded in my Quad 44 pre amp for a Quad 66 pre.Just think,it could have been you who fleeced me on the trade in price !
    Pete.

I'm ILOB.

Harrow Audio still going Richard quite nice to deal with
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread