+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Spectral DMC-15 preamplifier

Default FS: Spectral DMC-15 preamplifier

I bought this in June last year from Larry of Audio Works who had been using it in his own system at home up until that point.
    Despite being tonally neutral it offers an insightful presentation of your music collection when suitably partnered. Its strengths lie in particular with being able to reproduce dynamic contrast, timing, bass drive and texture and overall resolution. It also excels at front-to-back imaging as an added bonus, if you like that kind of thing, without in any way detracting from its musical prowess. Its improvent in authority, control and dynamics that it can bring to many systems is one that you would usually associate with a power amplifier upgrade even when connected to an integrated amplifier via pre inputs.
    Apart from a couple of very faint marks on the aluminium front surround it is in excellent condition having been used in a clean, smoke and child-free environment.
    It was also exhibited at the 2004 Bristol Show in the Focal room.
    It comes complete with all packaging.
    The retail price new is £4800.
    £2000 ono.

Default Spectral DMC 15

I am interested in your Spectral preamp.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi jackusi,

Speak to Tony from Central Audio, whom Steve has since sold the Spectral. It's listed in his current inventory. Click on the link "New Stuff just in":

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...0488#post20488

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

Jackusi,
    I'm about to put my Spectral DMC 30 and possibly a DMA 90 up for sale, hopefully I will have all the pictures and info ready after the weekend.
    I will start a new thread on 'Private Exhibitions" when done.

Hi Mark,

Let me know when you put your Spectral DMC 30 for sale.
    Thanks!

Jackusi, did you not get any joy with the one Tony has at Central Audio?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Default Spectral

Steve and Marco,
    Thanks very much for trying to put some business my way,i really do appreciate it.

Thanks Tony

No worries, Tony - that's what it's all about

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread