+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vintage unusual vinyl spinner

I'm ChrisB.

I feel sure I've got something about an Entre cartridge in an old magazine, Neil. Can't find it though - I'll have a bit more time in a few days.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The cartridge is not Strathern its an Entre one. Anyone know anything about that one. tracking weight etc.

Regards D S D L

Hi Neil

1.8 - 2.0g VTF

The Lentek preamp (enthused over by Marco) was designed for the Entré 1. I seem to remember the cartidge was favourably received by the Hi-Fi press, though today it might now seem to be a little 'boring'. I wanted one at the time, but ended up continuing my interest in Ortofon MCs.

http://www.gramophone.net/Issue/Page...ipment+Reviews

Regards
    Barry

I'm Dave.

The cartridge is not Strathern its an Entre one. Anyone know anything about that one. tracking weight etc.

Regards D S D L
    I'm pretty certain that DSJR has one. If not, he'll have all the info stored away in his brain cells...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Gawd, the number of bloody Entre's I set up and sold in my time....

The Entre changed over time. At its best it was a soft and all-enveloping sound and worked in all sorts of arms we'd not take seriously now and at its best in (you've been H)adcocks

Later Entre's got a but spitty when new but we went over to the Supex 900E at the time and the Entre, together with the Lentek head amp, faded from view for us.

1.8g was about right as I remember. I don't remember ever going as high as 2g tracking...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Howard.

I have read about that Dave. Must say I am quite impressed so far with the JBE but I wont really know more until I get one of my own arms on it with a known cart. The SME 3009 with knife edge bearings not a great arm imho...I could be wrong though.

Regards D S D L
    Good evening. I sold many many JBE decks and yes, motors were a variable. However exchanging the motor was a doddle. During demos and at home I never switched it off during a listening session. Just placed and removed the record from the spinning platter.

The majority of mine were sold with a Dynavector DV-505 arm (custom-cut extended plinth of course) and whatever Dynavector cartridge was to hand. My preference was the Karat 12-D. As for comparisons with the Linn, it was a doddle. At the peak demand for JBE, the LP12 was at its maximum bass-sogginess. Terrific.

One track of a Mobile Fidelity pressing of "Crime Of The Century" was all it took. Once on the LP12 and then on the JBE. Job done. Cash was flashed. Ivor was increasingly enraged. Win-win all round. Magic. Oh happy days.
    Well, hello.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Gawd, the number of bloody Entre's I set up and sold in my time....

The Entre changed over time. At its best it was a soft and all-enveloping sound and worked in all sorts of arms we'd not take seriously now and at its best in (you've been H)adcocks

Later Entre's got a but spitty when new but we went over to the Supex 900E at the time and the Entre, together with the Lentek head amp, faded from view for us.

1.8g was about right as I remember. I don't remember ever going as high as 2g tracking...
    Having chatted with the owner today he tells me its probably only had about 70 hours use max. I have just taken the SME off and I am going to see if my Graham will fit. It may be too tall for the low platter but I am going to give it ago. I think the Graham will sound good on this TT.

Regards D S D L

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popeck (Stereonow) View Post
    Good evening. I sold many many JBE decks and yes, motors were a variable. However exchanging the motor was a doddle. During demos and at home I never switched it off during a listening session. Just placed and removed the record from the spinning platter.

The majority of mine were sold with a Dynavector DV-505 arm (custom-cut extended plinth of course) and whatever Dynavector cartridge was to hand. My preference was the Karat 12-D. As for comparisons with the Linn, it was a doddle. At the peak demand for JBE, the LP12 was at its maximum bass-sogginess. Terrific.

One track of a Mobile Fidelity pressing of "Crime Of The Century" was all it took. Once on the LP12 and then on the JBE. Job done. Cash was flashed. Ivor was increasingly enraged. Win-win all round. Magic. Oh happy days.
    How are you Howard keeping well i hope. really nice to see you back on AOS.
    Thank you for that info. This JBE seems to be Aok no motor noise and everything working well. It will be interesting to see how a Graham Phantom sounds on it.

Regards Neil

I'm Howard.

How are you Howard keeping well i hope. really nice to see you back on AOS.
    Thank you for that info. This JBE seems to be Aok no motor noise and everything working well. It will be interesting to see how a Graham Phantom sounds on it.

Regards Neil
    Hi, and thank you for the welcome. It feels good to be back. Moreover I'm back pretty much because of Marco's clearly careful moderating hand. A rare combination of assertiveness without aggression. Not something I'd be able to achieve under similar circumstances.

Re JBE, I found the supplied Audio Technica isolators to be near useless but were the only things around at the time 'cos Sorbothane hadn't been released at that point. If I had a JBE today I'd be tempted to use the LFD isolators ('cos I stock 'em) or fiddle about with split squash balls or whatever. I cleaned the slate first with meths and then dressed it with linseed oil. Cleaning the platter of dust required a lot of Q-tips and a lot of patience.

Regards. Howard
    Well, hello.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Good luck - great sound with better arm I'm sure

JBE weren't the only ones to suffer with iffy motors and it seems the manufacturers using them weren't all to blame. Seems to me that Matsushita wanted people to buy their own decks, although some of the cheaper ones were dire early on as I recall.

I think that most of these decks will sound better than ever nowadays, as we're paying far more attention to the setup and support of these solid-style models.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popeck (Stereonow) View Post
    Hi, and thank you for the welcome. It feels good to be back. Moreover I'm back pretty much because of Marco's clearly careful moderating hand. A rare combination of assertiveness without aggression. Not something I'd be able to achieve under similar circumstances.

Re JBE, I found the supplied Audio Technica isolators to be near useless but were the only things around at the time 'cos Sorbothane hadn't been released at that point. If I had a JBE today I'd be tempted to use the LFD isolators ('cos I stock 'em) or fiddle about with split squash balls or whatever. I cleaned the slate first with meths and then dressed it with linseed oil. Cleaning the platter of dust required a lot of Q-tips and a lot of patience.

Regards. Howard
    Do you remember if the platter can be removed and if so how?

Regards D S D L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast