+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Arcam Alpha 5+ cd player (TDA1541a)

I'm Dan.

Default FS: Arcam Alpha 5+ cd player (TDA1541a)

Bought 16 months ago in already modified state from 'The Audio Cellar'. When purchased, the player had already had signifcant modifications to both the motherboard and DAC PCB (full details available on request) it had been converted to a NOS player and the digital out defeated (cannot be used as a transport). It had also had a new laser fitted and has recently had the loading pulley replaced. The unit has since been further professionally modified and had the opamps replaced with Burson Audio discrete opamps and had a Burson Audio clock fitted. In addition, a set of low noise regs have been added (from Sercal).

Really love the sound of the player which is massively improved over a standard Alpha 5 (which I have been able to compare side by side). Disappointed to be selling but having just bought a universal player and outboard DAC i need to free up some space (and cash).

Looking for £250 plus postage to sell.

Thanks for looking.

Hi, Are you able to provide details of the mods carried out by the Audio Cellar? Thanks.

I'm Dan.

Yes, i've got a check list at home which he provided. I'll post them up later on today.

I'm Dan.

List of mods carried out when I bought the player is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread