+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Kimber PBJ's same but different!

Default 2 Kimber PBJ's same but different!

Yesterday I plugged in my RA Yellow mains cable having bought an IEC to fig 8 converter plug into my Sonos. Due to mains cable length I swapped my cd player over with the Sonos and just used the Kimber PBJs already run. I have one 0.5m with nickel plugs and a 1m with Ultraplate phones. Turning the whole lot on the former is brighter and more prone to siblilance and bass is a tad lighter as well. To say I am surprised at the difference is an understatement. Must be the plugs surely which again I never realised had such an influence.

eventually I intend replacing with Marks G100 as the Kimbers are not shielded which given the amount of wires around the rear of my kit and the fact they are plugged into a wireless box must surely also have an influence as well.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm Nobody.

Ultra plates don't look much but are very very good plugs..

''prone to siblilance'' is not in the nature of that cable.

I'm colin.

Reading cable threads on AOS makes me think its the plugs that make a difference more than the wierd stuff like copper purity and geometry or whatever.

How much of an improvement would the MG G1000's be over the PBJ's. The latter are not shielded which i cant help but think is not ideal when used with an av setup with a pile of wires and even more so plugged into a wifi box.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm Nobody.

Yeh best thing to do is get rid of the PSBJ, send em to me
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 21-03-2011 at 00:53.

Aye right

Must show your picture to my wife...she thinks my setup is wire city yours takes the proverbial...
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread