+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graves Audio speaker cable

I'm Mark.

Default Graves Audio speaker cable

I got myself some speaker cable of that well known auction site not so long ago.It seems to do a decent enough job of getting the music to my speakers.
    i tried to find out more about the cable and the company, but there seems to be very little information on the net. All I know is it is called Graves Audio Coalesce.
    If anybody knows anything about it I be interested to know as I'm a bit curious.

I'm Lawrence.

Here goes with one of the oldest thread resurrections on here just bought a pair of these and will try them tonight.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

According to https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ter-Never-Used, the company went bankrupt years ago.

They don't look particularly special, in fact apart from the braided sleeving, look very similar in construction to the Van Damme 2.5mm2 cable but of much larger construction (16.5mm OD !). They do seem to have received very good reviews by users.

Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Yeah saw that the quality of the copper (presuming that's what it is) will have a major bearing on the performance and I thought that thick sheath will help with shielding too. Also it looks like the only 5m run to ever come up for sale (I need 4m on one channel so a rare chance for me to try it). It's sounding very nice right now anyway as I type.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 29-08-2019 at 21:22.

I'm Lawrence.

Update after a couple of hours listening to music I'm very familiar with. Everything sounds more well defined and cohesive and the bass is tighter too. More relaxed and easier to listen to as well. Not night and day but that last 10% that still makes a big difference to your enjoyment.

I'm noticing things I hadn't before, you know once you've noticed something with new cables/whatever then you can hear them next time with the old setup, but for some reason you never noticed them before until you put the new cable in. I think that's a good sign of improved definition and resolution.

Actually just listening to some well recorded classical music, make that 10%, 20%.

Not sure what lies behind this. I know Ollie has had great success with his chunky cable (which partly inspired me to purchase this), and I really liked the very thick Acoustic Zen Satori I recently sold too. Chunky speaker cables rule!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Update after a couple of hours listening to music I'm very familiar with. Everything sounds more well defined and cohesive and the bass is tighter too. More relaxed and easier to listen to as well. Not night and day but that last 10% that still makes a big difference to your enjoyment.

I'm noticing things I hadn't before, you know once you've noticed something with new cables/whatever then you can hear them next time with the old setup, but for some reason you never noticed them before until you put the new cable in. I think that's a good sign of improved definition and resolution.

Actually just listening to some well recorded classical music, make that 10%, 20%.

Not sure what lies behind this. I know Ollie has had great success with his chunky cable (which partly inspired me to purchase this), and I really liked the very thick Acoustic Zen Satori I recently sold too. Chunky speaker cables rule!

Yes yes yes!!!

Big ass speaker cables so seem to have a little...... Extra.

Glad you're enjoying them, shame I didn't inspire you to buy a pair of mine! Lol.

I'm Andrew.

I use the 10mm version of this

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....66/category/11

linked to a set of these (10mm versions from WBT website)

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/spa...8mm-spade.html

And they = .
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes yes yes!!!

Big ass speaker cables so seem to have a little...... Extra.

Glad you're enjoying them, shame I didn't inspire you to buy a pair of mine! Lol.
    Unfortunately budget is severely limited here and a 5m length is not cheap. I'm slowly selling of my spare gear to finance the fine tuning of what I have.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Unfortunately budget is severely limited here and a 5m length is not cheap. I'm slowly selling of my spare gear to finance the fine tuning of what I have.

I absolutely understand and was entirely kidding.

Fine tuning within a limited budget is tough. Been there.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I use the 10mm version of this

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....66/category/11

linked to a set of these (10mm versions from WBT website)

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/spa...8mm-spade.html

And they = .
    Why would you put put such expensive plugs on that cable?

Why such expensive plugs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast