+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graves Audio speaker cable

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I use the 10mm version of this

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....66/category/11

linked to a set of these (10mm versions from WBT website)

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/spa...8mm-spade.html

And they = .
    That's very thick. I think it's different to mine which has thick shielding rather than the current carrying wires themselves.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Why would you put put such expensive plugs on that cable?

Why such expensive plugs!
    Russ Andrews would probably approve

I imagine plugs than can take that cable, if it's the wire of choice, are rare.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Russ Andrews would probably approve

I imagine plugs than can take that cable, if it's the wire of choice, are rare.

That's a good point but surely there must be something else!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

That's very thick. I think it's different to mine which has thick shielding rather than the current carrying wires themselves.

Are these cables shielded? How do you connect the shield, or have you left it 'floating'?
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Because I can. Have you heard it? Probably not
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Because I can. Have you heard it? Probably not
    I have tried 10mm, 8mm and 6mm basic copper wire, yes. I didn't put plugs on though.

No need to get the hump, Andrew. Just didn't understand the logic of going 'balls out' on spades when the copper going into them is bog standard.

The point Lawrence made about size made sense. That's all.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 30-08-2019 at 14:02.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post

No need to get the hump, Andrew. Just didn't understand the logic of going 'balls out' on spades when the copper going into them is bog standard.

The point Lawrence made about size made sense. That's all.
    Oli,

I've not got the hump, just straight talking. I've found girth works best in my system. The "balls" out aspect is simply to stop me from having to piss about experimenting. The copper and WBT pairing were a lateral thinking experiment which worked out. Yes I know that sounds contradictory. Everything else in the wiring loom is silver, even the caps have silver legs in the pre and power amps. For some reason several meters of wide girth copper fitted to WBT silver binding posts and spades works very well.

Regards

A
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Are these cables shielded? How do you connect the shield, or have you left it 'floating'?
    Perhaps I used the wrong word. I meant the thick rubbery surround, is dialectric a better description? Or maybe rubbery surround

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Perhaps I used the wrong word. I meant the thick rubbery surround, is dialectric a better description? Or maybe rubbery surround

Thanks Lawrence,

It wasn't clear from the photo whether the cables were shielded or not. Whilst I'm not a believer in cable lifters, or having speaker cable not running on the floor (to minimise mechanical vibration interference), the use of a "thick rubbery surround" certainly won't do any harm (provided you don't mind your speaker cables looking like hosepipes. ).
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12