Bolivar Speaker Works Model 125
I recently acquried these Bolivar 70's vintage speakers in need of some restoration off fleabay. As the seem to have been a relatively obsucre short lived brand I thought I'd post some photos as point of reference.
Manufacturer: Bolivar Speaker Works (Offshoot of JBL\Harmon)
Yr of Manufacture: 1975-1980 (ish)
Model: 125
Type: 2-Way - 8" Woofer - Paper Cone Tweeter
Dimensions: H23"(58.5cm) W12.5"(32cm) D10.5"(26cm)
Weight: 12kgs
Impedence:4ohms
Power Rating: Unknown
UK price when new: Unknown
Grill Badges are wood which is a nice touch
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...Fi/Misc023.jpg
Cabinets were foil wrapped to reduce cost
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...Fi/Misc017.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...Fi/Misc016.jpg
Cabinet back
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...Fi/Misc018.jpg
Flimsy spring loaded binding posts
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...Fi/Misc019.jpg
Bolivar 125 Speaker Repair
Hi Mothman. I have just acquired the very same speakers and they need the very same repair that you have done on yours. I'm struggling to find the correct repair kit. Can you please point me in the right direction? Best regards, Charlie.