-
Lockwood MAJORS
Hi
I am interested in getting any info I can on Lockwood MAJORS. I would like to aquire some empty cabs,to restore,or get the plans and specs to build some new ones.This would be for an interesting project ,where I would be using my 15'' Tannoys ,reconed to Prestige spec by Lockwood Audio.I have heared these briefly in my Tannoy Berkeley copy cabs,with good amps and they sounded great.All my sound equipment has been packed away since then for the intended house move.
Any help on aspects of that would be great.
I am still trying to get the T/S Parameters on that.Will need.
REGARDS
adrian
-
Hi Adrian,
Speak to Speedy Steve, who posts here and who makes some superb DIY cabinets. Also search the archive here for 'Lockwood Majors', and you'll find quite a few threads with some useful info :)
Meanwhile, here are a couple of pics of mine....
At home:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/449...majors0261.jpg
At the Scalford Hall 'bake-off' show:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4747/dsc0008wks.jpg
From a different angle:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/256...rdhall2010.jpg
:cool:
Marco.
-
majors
Hi Marco
Thanks for the reply and photos.They look great.
REGARDS
ADRIAN
-
Holy moly Marco, I think I now get the picture when you describe your system as being able to pin you to the wall :eek:
-
Haha - yeah, we frightened the shite out of a few people that day (you can get a decent idea of the bulk of the Lockwoods by observing how they nearly obscured that door)! :eyebrows: :gig:
And then we blew folk away again the following year with my Celestion 66s!!
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6338/imag0066cp.jpg
:cool:
Just wait to hear what we achieve next year, Tim..............! We've got a reputation now to maintain ;)
Marco.
-
Adrian,
Just in case you've missed it, this is thread you want to read:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ockwood+majors
Awesome! :stalks:
Marco.
-
Hi Marco
Great thread.Thanks.
Just thought I'd mention,when I was in Lockwood Audio, after having the speakers reconed, there were(or was? correct grammar?) a set of Majors in there.I seem to remember there were four of them,in orange formica with the little handles.They came from Jack Bruces barn.I semi -freaked at that,inwardly..At least I got to touch them.Orange formica.That was something.
REGARDS
ADRIAN
-
Hey, orange formica is where it's at, dude... It's the reason why they sound so bloody good! :eyebrows:
Marco.
-
If I owned Jack Bruce's Orange Formica Lockwood Majors I would stride the world like a colossus! :lol: I wonder who has them now?
-
Hello,
I don't know this Formica. Are they that better than layered wood or than Pazerholz?
Could any of you send me the Lockwood Major cabinet drawing in a private e-mail?
I livet in Hungary so buying a cabinet in the UK and getting them deliverted to Budapest would be rather expensive therefore I would like to get them made locally.
I would need some suggestions for the material and a drawing.
Are these the best cabinets that the 15" Golds can be used in?
Currently I have a Lancaster and this box looks nice but I know they are not enough for the 15" Golds and that the Golds can sound much-much nicer in a better enclosusre.
I would really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Vencel