'NOT the suited span though same distance as good as really rare. '
http://floorstandingspeakersok.co.uk...l-concentrics/
:lolsign:
Printable View
'NOT the suited span though same distance as good as really rare. '
http://floorstandingspeakersok.co.uk...l-concentrics/
:lolsign:
Those LE1 cabinets must be huge - they are significantly taller than Marco's Lockwoods; also the two cabinets do look to be constructed differently. Much better to start fro scratch, I reckon.
Hi Hugo,
Erm, no.... My Lockwoods are 112cm (H), 72cm (W) and 46cm (D). But those (black) LE1s do look nice! :cool:Quote:
Those LE1 cabinets must be huge - they are significantly taller than Marco's Lockwoods....
From the link:
I do agree with that last sentence!Quote:
Dimensions, approx have been 111 cms high, 61 cms far-reaching as good as 44.5 cms deep. Lockwood cabinets of this distance have been deliberate to be really special as good as sought after to operate with any fifteen in.
How are things going now with your Lancasters? :)
Marco.
Maybe the photo has been stretched - they do look disconcertingly taller than yours. They do seem to be wrecks, requiring a great deal of work to be domestically acceptable and it would certainly be possible to build something better from scratch.
I have all the new crossover bits and the Audio Note AN-D wire; and all things being well I will construct the new boards this weekend. I have chosen a nominal value of 4.5mH for the main HF section inductor - having read as much as is online about the original HF autotransformer, I wonder if it is correct, mainly since the autotransformer allows for 1.2x stepup of HF energy, which is clearly not possible unless I use the same sort of device (or the original autotransformer as Martin did in Denmark). Listening will tell, of course. I don't suppose that you have a note of what Dave used for the big HF inductor in your crossovers? Maybe there is a label on the inductor?
Crossover aside, I am also going to play around with the resistive vent and the amount of internal stuffing (all reversible). Having asked around for advice, I have come to the conclusion that experimentation and listening is the key here, rather than maths.
It's too early to decide whether the Lancasters will be staying. They do some things that are wonderful, but listening to them has shown me just how wonderful the Avalons are too. Tinkering with the Tannoys is harmless fun, though!
Lots of AN cable for sale here-
http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/wire.html
Probably not, bearing in mind how much copper wire is already in the drive units' coils. As for length, work out whether you want to wire both positive and ground terminals on the drive units to the crossover (recommended) or just use a single ground wire for both; also whether you're going to use the 4-pin plug or solder the wires directly to the LF and HF connections on the drive units. I bought 5m each of red and black AN-D respectively, allowing a good margin for experimentation and error.
Hi All
So, it seem s like there are a couple of interested parties in building a set or restoring a set of Lockwood Majors. I also saw that advert ,and got a bit put off by the way the ad ran.Translations, no proper cab match,where were they located? Maybe they WERE OK and the matching may have been just superficial? What do you think?
Hey ,we have to break through now ,and get some definitive plans from somewhere.
'The time for hesitation's thru' la la la la la la la laaaaaa
Gotta get hold of a pair of Lockwoods from somewhere.(or the plans)
Imaginative approach needed here.
See YA
ADRIAN