Cold start to the day, a bit of a chill around and 6c so far.
Printable View
Cold start to the day, a bit of a chill around and 6c so far.
A lot cooler at 11C, but it's a bright and breezy day. I enjoyed walking the mutts just now :).
Been raining and cloudy, but the sun's trying to get through. More rain set for later. 11°C.
Marco.
Clear skies and very sunny. Didn't get my milk delivery - again! - so can't have second breakfast without going out to the shop. What a pain.
You getting your milk delivered now, Martin? Top man:)
Marco.
For about 5 years maybe longer. Trouble is if they have no full fat they deliver semi-skimmed. I won't drink that so I told them 'If you got no full fat then don't deliver anything.' Which they were fine with but I get two deliveries a week and this is the first time they missed both.
So on the supermarket milk today. One thing I notice about the delivered milk is it last at least two or three days longer than the supermarket one before going off.
I don't suppose I need to tell you to pick your milk from the back of the fridge (where the longest dates are likely to be), but I'll say it anyway.
Sainsbury only had five cartons of full fat and they were all at the front, presumably someone 'faced-up' the shelf before I got there.
I usually get through it in 3 days anyway, the longevity is something I only notice when I've been out of town for a few days. But it does seem that it's fresher than the supermarket milk when you get it. Plus it's delivered in the proper glass bottles like the whole terrible 21st century thing never happened.
Recyclable, indeed, so you only pay for the milk, nothing else. All the best people have their milk delivered;)
Piggurs, are you paying attention?:D
Marco.
Not sure you can get delivered milk anywhere? I mean it makes sense where I live as the housing density is second only to Hong Kong (and they're right now knocking up some more on the old council yard at the back of me).
If you're out in the bushes it's harder to find enough customers per square mile to make it pay I would think.