well i would love to have a go at this if anyone is willing to give me very indepth instructions on what bits to get and how to do it!
Printable View
well i would love to have a go at this if anyone is willing to give me very indepth instructions on what bits to get and how to do it!
Hamish get something like these Tanny ST50 you just plonk onto of your speakers, these particular ones have level & frequency adjustments, quite expensive tho but others make simular
http://www.tannoy.com/ResidentialSum...aBnpZtj9yMmgQ=
http://83.138.162.162/products/148/st50.pdf
A bit more than a £10 experiment Andre!
Can be more than £10 can be more than £10 if you don't know what your doing
The ones at £299 on eBay seem to be pretty cheap for those particular units, but I don't have that sorta cash to chuck about at the mo... Hense my interest in spending a tenner!
come on clever diy folk ... links to bits and how too pictures and diagrams please :)
Hi
I have a pair of these tweeters in the garage somewhere,anyone lives local to Leigh lancs are welcome to them for nowt,in fact there may be 2 pairs for the same price.
Regards Dave.
Hamish,
I'd love to help, mate but I don't think I'm qualified!
I'm sure someone else has the requisite knowledge - guys?
I have posted this before somewhere but here goes, the tweeters as you know are avialable from Maplins but instead of farting about with resisters just buy a pairs of "L Pads" from
https://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/cat...96869eb397b0cd
You can then wire these and adjust the volume or rolloff point to your hearts content, you will just have to make up some sort of box's to house it all in, this is where i used them
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3341
If i had the spare change i would buy a pair of the Townshend ribbon supertweeters as these are better than the Tannoys or so i have been told by more than one dealer