-
Thanks
I'm currently using it as a transport into my DAC . If I undertook these mods would it sound superior on it's own and do any of these mods improve the digital output ? not that it sounds crap thru the DAC .
I love it as it is but wanted to make it even better, I have a couple of upgrades on the cards for the DAC ( gator board and opamp plus psu ) so wanted to improve the input into it , to get the best out , if you know what I mean?
I also wanted a decent stereo amp as I only have my surround amp atm, so looking at getting the best out of what I have before buying a new amp.
Thanks
Paul
-
these mods don't improve much on the transport side - most of them are for the DAC--BUT if you change they cannot hurt it. It's a good thing to mod the digital supply on the main board as suggested in one of the pictures. You could also change the recovery diodes for low noise ones and that's about it.
For a better transport you need to check the laser circuits but that's not so easy and can ruin the diode if mistakes are made. There's also a good chance it's running fine - not perfect but fine.
Hope this helps.
-
Thanks again,
I'll have to get my soldering iron out and start tweaking . :eyebrows:
I read somewhere that you can add a seperate power supply to these ( as I know Avondale do) and also saw pictures but now can't find them anywhere on the net , and I have tried lookig quite a bit.
Have a good Christmas
Paul