-
Hi Barry,
Sorry for my tardy reply, been laid up with a cold!
I fitted the 27ohm resistors and all went well.
I've changed my mind regards the 306, I'll stay with my Stan Curtiss power amp for the time being.
It's a big lump, but sounds excellent. I wanted to replace it with a smaller power amp and thought the 306 would suffice but that's not the case.
Thank you Barry for all your help. The Hafler DH101 is singing now! It matches the Stan Curtiss amp well and sounds superb. Stan only made three of the power amplifiers and I'm lucky to have one of them! I've called it the Beast!It weighs well over 80lbs!
https://i.postimg.cc/905YWnqv/Stan-curtiss.jpg
Best regards,
Ray
P.S. The Stan Curtiss has been recapped since the photo, and the amp does come with a cover!:)
-
Wow! That amp looks to be very well made: basically two completely separate amps, each with their own power supply, housed in a single case. :)
No wonder you call it "The Beast". :lol: How many watts into 8 Ohm does it produce?
-
Hi Barry,
I believe it to be 150 watts into 8ohm but that's a conservative figure. It's never ran out of steam whatever loudspeakers it's powering.
Linn Isobariks included. Easy to service too.