Are you doing the crossovers while they're out?
Printable View
Are you doing the crossovers while they're out?
Hi Martin,
Good luck with this... Please keep us updated with photos. What circuit are you using for the crossovers?
This is the one I used:
http://www.guitars-of-love.com/tanno...ssovermods.htm :)
Marco.
Work must go on...
http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/...222.JPG?psid=1
Yes...using these lovely components from Jantzen Audio....mmmmm
http://66u7xa.bay.livefilestore.com/...ver.jpg?psid=1
Nice one, Martin - the Jantzen parts are excellent. I'd be very interested to hear of how it all comes together (with pics, of course), so keep us informed :)
Marco.
Check out Duelund Graphite Silver Resistors
Thanks for the link to the page - I remember reading this ages ago and have now saved to "favourites."
Some very wise and utterly sensible words from the big-loudspeakers page.....
"Since doing all this I have become an electronics technician after some study, and continue to be fascinated by the precarious art of speaker building and Hi Fi generally. My interest these days is much more focussed on music, musical electronics and guitars rather than Hi Fi and I continue to play music e.g. the link from this page. I still enjoy listening to a good sound system but the Hi Fi world is so profligate with bullshit it sometimes leaves me gasping. Examples of strange devices which claim to enhance a sound system are always around - inevitably built by portly middle aged men "Looking For The Answer......." Often the protagonists of this sort of thing are largely technically illiterate, with an attitude that borders on the psychotic. (go here for an amusing tale from the late '80s) Formally trained electronics engineers are often just as bad of course because if the maths says it's right - then it's right no matter how crappy it sounds - like saying "Oh any modern amplifier is pretty good thesedays....." Wrong!! Most commercial amps such as Surround Sound units are aurally horrible compared to a traditional budget NAD or Marantz. I guess most folks don't care anymore; content to listen to steely sounding i-Pods through those hideous white earphones. Over it...........live music is much more fun."