Yes Peter, like all closed box speakers, they work well close to walls, but a bit of space helps.
Printable View
Well, I've been missing from the hifi scene for a while, but getting back on track.
I've made some stands for the Canton Speakers, which allow the Neurochrome Monoblocks to sit underneath.
So sorted for NEBO 15.
This is how they work with the Amps:
https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/CT_1000/Pics/CT_10.jpg
And this is how they turned out, freshly painted this morning:
https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/CT_1000/Pics/CT_15.jpg
.
.
.
.
.
https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/CT_1000/Pics/CT_16.jpg
One of the speakers on its stand, with the 600mm Atlas Hyper Bi-Wire speaker cable I made up to suit.
https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/CT_1000/Pics/CT_17.jpg
My Neurochrome 686 Monoblocks sit between the legs of the stands and they look well together, I need to get some hours on this set up as the Amps and leads have less than 10 hours use. The four caps in each power supply total 188,000uF and will need a bit of running in.
My full Canton story can be found Here: https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/CT_1000/CT_01.html
How are the Cantons working out for you then Ken?
Hi Martin
I've been away from home for 3 months so not heard them.
When I get the stands in place I get to hear them for only the third time since they arrived.
Will report back in due course.
Okey doke.
They look smart enough to be shop bought, and an interesting design. What are they made of?
Thanks Steve,
They are just 45 x 70mm softwood (Wickes), pinned at the top joints, with 12 mm dowels.
25mm dowels for cross rails.
No fixings just glued and clamped.
Finished in Ebony Black stain, followed by Satin Black Acrylic paint, applied with a brush and roller.
Some pictures of the build on my blog, linked at the bottom of my post #22.
There will be four neoprene rubber discs stuck to the top bars for the speakers to sit on.
I like the idea of close coupling the speakers with the amplifier for each channel, so as to minimise speaker cable length
It is the arrangement I use. In fact the speaker cables could be as short as 6", but I keep them all at 1 metre long.
Lovely job you have made of the speaker stands. Well done!
Thanks Barry
Yes short speaker leads seemed a good idea, mine are 600mm in length.
I gave the stands a second coat of paint this morning. There is know less tonal difference between the end grain and planed faces of the timber. So harder to see the join etc.
I need to make some transport cases now, to protect that piano gloss finish on the speaker cabinets, when traveling to bake offs etc.
Couple of extra pictures of the speakers on their stands added to post #22.