Did you miss my post above Jon's Marco?............I was being serious
Printable View
Fair enough, Chris. It's something that I hadn't previously considered, or rather apportioned any real credence to :)
Marco.
Hahaha - nor had I till today when I sat down and had a little think about the stuff and how it's made (my old man, who is an engineer of no little talent, did his apprenticeship at Westinghouse, the company that the inventors of Formica worked for before they formed their own company - & he knew about such things & lectured me on them when I was but a small kid).
Also, I've tried to remove Formica from stuff that was made in the 50's & I know what it's physical properties are like!
Hi Marco,
sorry for the slow response poxy internet is playing up, bloody virgin and their Mumbai help centres:steam: , yes i was being serious i have heard this from a few different parties all have been involved in the sales and repair of Tannoys over the years and claim the Formica is a vital part of the sound of Lockwoods so there !!!!
Formica is they way forward ;)
Hi All
But weren't they nearly all finished in wood veneer? I'm slightly losing track of this Formica debate.
So where do I get me an EMPTY set of Tannoy MAJORS?
REGARDS
Adrian
The very early Leak Sandwich was finished in Formica and they sounded
far superior to the veneered version with the same drivers, much heavy'r too
Could any of you help me with some construction information for the cabinet?
I am trying to find some drawing and I am contacting different people but so far nobody could provide me any information :-(
Since I am situated in Hungary it is quite impossible to get them delivered here from other parts of the world (they are simply too big, so the freight would be too expensive).
I would like to make them for myself or if it is too complicated then I would like to ask somebody locally to make them for me.
I have a pair of Lancasters but sooner or later I would like to put the 15" Golds in the Major cabinet.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Hi All
Can't find any source for the Lockwood MAJORS,at present.:(
Also Vencel is looking for the build plans but no luck either. I'd do that to if I had the plans.
If anyone has any ideas on that, be great to hear from you.
REGARDS
ADRIAN
Hi Adrian. i have tried Lockwood but they do not have them. I have tried a very knowledgeable chap on the Tannoy user group and he does not have them either. I think the best thing to do would be to design one using WinISD or something like that, maybe boxcalc. Sorry I could not help more.
Hi Mr Aqua
That's real nice of you to go to that trouble.I appreciate that!I did try Roger at Lockwood.
I'll have to get into the design method you mention.
You like Vincent Price eh!
How about in the Masque of the Red Death,as he's gets back into the coach,almost as a casual afterthought ''Have the village burned to the ground''
Maybe he's got a set of Lockwood