Lol! It's not a circular argument, Dave. I merely wanted t'other Dave's views on your remarks - not to worry :)
Marco.
Printable View
Lol! It's not a circular argument, Dave. I merely wanted t'other Dave's views on your remarks - not to worry :)
Marco.
As I remember, we used Croft pre/power and Harbeth M40.1 and Tannoy Kensingtons. Step up was an ancient x-mer, hand wound by Be Yamamura and which I know very well. TT was the Dais, not a Spacedeck.
As I said, there was nothing wrong with the SPU, it's just that I prefer other cartridges and (especially) London Decca.
It's a taste thing...:cool:
Indeed - no worries :)
However when you describe a cartridge as "plump and with a generous dose of golden syrup elsewhere", that doesn't quite go with your assertion of:
Does it? ;)Quote:
there was nothing wrong with the SPU
Such a disparaging description suggests that there is in fact something very seriously wrong......!
However, let's leave it there. The important fact for people reading to note is that Dave's description in no way reflects how the SPU sounds in a different system to the one you guys used.
Let's get back on topic now, dude :cool:
Marco.
Lol - I was referring to your, mate, Dave R. I thought that was obvious, as I'd already quoted the same text from him earlier......
Best to leave it now, I think, as the point has been well and truly made! :)
Marco.
It has indeedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
DECCA'S ROOL - So there! :D
Lol - aye, whatever keeps you happy! :eyebrows:
Marco.
Marco you mentioned awhile back that Barry was lending you a Decca be interesting yo hear your thoughts For me I just love what the Decca does to vinyl The Decca Jubilee is an amazind Cart when I was Vic he played me a few Decca's and each step up in class was easy to hear
Hi John,
I should have it soon. Yes it'll be nice to be able to compare the SPU and Decca back-to-back in the same system. I'll certainly let people know what I think :)
Marco.
thanks, guys, who have contributed to this thread, your responses are highly appreciated :) also, and back a bit ;) to my original question in reference to the Tannoy Monitor Gold LSU/HF/III.L.Z./8 drivers, now thanking Marco and hi-fi Dave (especially) for their words, i decided not to go for the 8" ones - rather, will wait until a 10"er pair at least turns up