Oh yah, You did mention that. oops
Printable View
Oh yah, You did mention that. oops
Well Bob Carver has put a new one-off set of these amps that he's just recently specially built on Ebay.
If you ever fancied a pair, this is your chance!
Nineteen bids & just over a day to go. Bidding is currently running at US $22,453.37
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Carver-SILVE...item2a107d6fd5
Are they worth that kind of money? Has anyone ever heard an original set ? 900watts :eek: All muscle and no delicacy ? All interesting questions. As I said earlier in this thread when it stated originally I never got to hear really high-end Carver :( The main stream kit was quite good, certainly in my memory much better than Bose and I have a lovely Carver MC step up :)
Bob Carver was originally involved in Sunfire http://www.sunfire.com/ That still appears to be the case. Not heard or seen any of it either.
Regards D S D L
They look like crates full of empty milk bottles:)
I admire Bob Carvers willingness to 'think outside the box'. Some of his latest circuit topology ideas are beautifully simple and elegant and explore little exploited technology such as magnetic amplification. The price to pay for this elegant circuitry are designs that have very low efficiency and pityfully low power.
I have an interest (and a secret hankering) in assembling a 'less is more' audio system comprising a single-ended class A amp (either valved or solid state) with suitably efficient speakers (which despite my, rapidly diminishing, prejudice against horn loaded speakers, are in the frame).