Different enough, that, me too.
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...7b90c9edd.jpeg
Disc 4 Their first Concert - Victoria Palace Theatre, London, 16th June 1974
Went for a flu jab earlier, which had a couple of things in common with this next pick: both were free, so why not? Also both were better than I was expecting :) Cheers Mart.
Some hi-energy drumming going on here :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
Finally got round to putting my system back together after NEBO.
https://i.ibb.co/398KJVn6/R-9059959-1722215013-6380.jpg
New *to me* on CD. '94 remaster rather then the original, regrettably, but still sounds good:
https://i.ibb.co/hJm6cpSZ/R-1.jpg
Keep my rockin' head on for a bit longer:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...wwZNL._AC_.jpg
Are Amazon havin' a laff? Above-mentioned ZZTop CD is £3.50 from Music Magpie, Amazon want 63 quid :eek: How are they still in business?
Not even rare I've seen it in charity shops.
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...41ae70d87.jpeg
Look at that track list :stalks:
Some belters on there for sure. [emoji4]
I love Above & Beyond, somehow this album completely passed me by (probably because I am not usually a massive live album fan) at the time, but I can’t stop playing it, very different to their usual clubby music but utterly brilliant.
Above & Beyond - Acoustic-Live at The Hollywood Bowl (2016)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ba4a24bb99.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just realised it’s 3 hours 16 minutes long - wow!
Yeah they've done some excellent stuff over the years. I was hoping to follow it with some more GA, but Anita came back early, so I've switched to something more 'laid back' (yes I know Groove Armada are already pretty chilled, but I don't make the rules, I just follow them) :)
So this next:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
Lady Blackbird, Black Acid Soul (deluxe edition)
Bit of easy listening, from the ginger whinger. 'Er indoors likes this, and I don't mind it.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
'Er indoors has gone outdoors again for a bit, so normal service has been resumed :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
One the worse covers the Dan chose to use. Shame really.
Got some good tracks on these 80s 12" CDs :) Wouldn't mind getting them myself.
Sorry Mike, couldn't wait for disc 3, I've ordered it :) Good price too. Should land here middle of next week.
As you may be aware, there are other CD collections in a "series", covering 12"/80s 'grooves', pop, there's even a 12"/80s/2, which has some interesting stuff too.
It's all the music I didn't like in the '80s but a lot of it I've since come to like - for example that Curiosity Killed The Cat tune is really good, but in the '80s I just thought of it as tweenies music.
Hi Mike, I only saw your PM this morning (thanks for that), I'd already ordered the album. Got it for £3.49 off World Books. As you say, silly prices. Like Macca, I wasn't keen on a lot of those tunes back in the day, but have since 'grown into' them. I like that they are all 12", which ime offer so much more than the 'single edits'.
Visited our local car boot this morning, a picked up (for a pound each):
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Boz Scaggs - Some Change
Paul McCartney - All The Best!
I think all of these will fall into your dreaded AOR/ grandad rock categories :) but then I am a grandad, have been for 18 years now!
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX425_.jpg
Took a few attempts to get this one playing. My CD player Marantz CD6006 (UK edition), is being a bit of a knobhead lately, and is only getting worse. Sometimes the drawer won't open, then it won't close, and moves very slowly. Also miss-tracked towards the end of a couple of CDs yesterday.
I'll pay a visit to Mike Powell at Bolton next week, but might give him my old Densen player to fix instead. Apparently it uses a generic Sony mechanism, so shouldn't be too costly.
Another one pound CD. Bargain :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
One of the last records I bought before going over to the dark side (CD) for a couple of decades. No worries, it was still there when I returned :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg