Whenever I see that cover I think of Sylvester Stallone and Peter Falk :)
"One other thing Rocky, I appear to be on fire"...
"You know you got a big mouth you know, but I'll shake your hand anyway".
Whenever I see that cover I think of Sylvester Stallone and Peter Falk :)
"One other thing Rocky, I appear to be on fire"...
"You know you got a big mouth you know, but I'll shake your hand anyway".
I can never understand why this LP is so popular amongst Floyd fans. Yes, we all know that 'Wish You Were Here' is an appreciation, if not a paean to Syd Barratt, and of the coincidence of Syd turning up at the studio whilst they were recording it, but overall musically the LP is IMO pretty average. Even Roy Harper's contribution is wasted.
Clearly I'm missing something, but in coming after Dark Side of the Moon, I find Wish You Were Here to be a big disappointment.
After DSOTM, pretty much anything would be a disappointment. It set the bar very high. For a long time WYWH was my favourite Floyd album, right now it's Atom Heart Mother. Well, half of it. Who knows what it'll be next week.
All their LPs are popular amongst their fans. :) I can't count as one, I only have 5 of their albums
It's a good album I think but not close to DSOTM.
I, being me, prefer WYWH to DSOTM.
Gary Numan -Savages - Songs from a Broken World'
Never been much of a Gary Numan fan - I used to have copy of The 'Pleasure Principle'. but quickly tired of it and gave it away. I picked this up in a charity shop and thought I'd give him another go.
Well first of all I dislike the disc-book packaging because it can't be filed away in a normal CD rack (though I believe versions packaged in the usual jewel cases are available). Second, I dislike the silly cover: what is he supposed to be wearing on his head?, and it looks as if he is still using eye-liner. In a post-apocalypse world?
Anyway to the actual songs - well they are atmospheric, but dreary, dreary, dreary! I'll hang on to the disc for a little while more, to see if I can hear more on second listen.
And their best since then, imo -
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...e5d07dcc8.jpeg
:eek: Not that many!
Considering that their studio albums number 15, with 7 live albums, it looks like roughly double what's needed :) Though I'd say Relics is worth adding to the list. My lot include 12 studio albums, one live and one compilation. That'll hold me for a while.
I suppose if you had all of their official releases that would come out at around 42 or so, and is probably reasonable. But when people get multiples of the same album, across all formats, including original issues and reissues, then it starts to get a bit silly. I bet there's a few on this forum who've done that with DSOTM.
My 42 do not include everything released by Pink Floyd; there are some post-Waters recordings I don't have (or want). There are also some duplications across formats, as well as original issues and reissues. But a good number are bootleg recordings of live concerts performed in the UK and Europe; some reasonably well recorded, others not so.
And yes, I have 4 different issues of DSOTM, the 20th Anniversary Edition being my favourite.
I remember when that came out, and the cover came in for some criticism, the review commenting that Mica looked like she was dead. Never got to hear it though.
Been looking for Tina Turner - The Best, this afternoon but cant find it, will just have to stream it.
You can always start a new thread Robin in Abstract Chat.
I take it that you and Marc's favourite football team did well yesterday. Well done!
I've started a new thread: "Footie thread 2026" in Abstract Chat for you Robin. All it needs is for you to go there and tell everybody the good news. :)
Bloody football, everywhere you look it's there :doh:
Thought I'd stick this on during half time :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._QL70_ML2_.jpg
Primal Scream Give out but don't Give up
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
Another one that has become a favourite in recent weeks. Track 4 (Daybreak) is just perfect, Squire doing some great stuff here. I wouldn't mind a whole album of that :)
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
First album in 6 years from Agnes Obel was released Friday, after a hiatus having her daughter. First listen, looking forward to it.
Agnes Obel - The Meaning of Flowers (2026)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...aa8468fff5.jpg
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought one of her records a few years ago (Aventine), and tbh it just sort of washed over me. Maybe it's time to give it another go.
Meantime, I'm continuing with my laddish tunes:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
I think that’s a fair assessment, although her first album Philarmonic was quite unique at the time, they (including the new one it appears) follow the same formula really, and you have to dedicate the time to listen rather than just have them on whilst doing something else. Some great piano and strings, though, might sound better through the new speakers? [emoji846]
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...8fd493966.jpeg
Spacemen 3 - Recurring
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...afaf81347.jpeg
Haven’t played this in a few years. Heaven knows why, as it’s Fab.
Excellent LP Dom, as is 'Things We Like':
(Think I would prefer the sausages and mash to the Ferrari!)
Looks a bit like an old Rover SD1, only uglier.
Anita does my bangers 'n' mash like that, I call it a hedgehog :) I've nothing to say about the record, I've never heard it.
It's funny you should say that...
https://i.postimg.cc/pT8Lj1ds/LP2318.jpg