https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...fb7067b74.jpeg
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...7d9da5925.jpeg
DIE WILDE JAGD - S/T
Shaboozey - hip-hop country, I really shouldn’t like this, but I can’t stop playing “Burn it Down”.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...083d6a24d7.jpg
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...5fd9bef4d.jpeg
I love this Album. Incredibly human and full of humility / gratitude
So what's this about then? Andy Bell as in Erasure? Ian Rankin as in Inspector John Rebus?
Rolling Stones - 'Exile on Maine St.'
Sort of lost interest in the Stones after this recording.
But then again, this is not too bad:
Rolling Stones - 'Voodoo Lounge'
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3196e893a9.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That he was.
Hard to believe this is 49 years old. Takes me back to bouncing around to Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll in my stripey mohair jumper, skinny jeans and red Kicker boots. I must have looked shit hot, and it's strange that I never had a girlfriend the whole time I had those Kickers :scratch:
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...476e9093c.jpeg
Not particularly shoddy, either.
Some good stuff being played there. Excellent!
Nearly 50 years? Lord that makes me feel old (which I am). I can remember seeing Ian Dury in London, way back when.
It's not really all that old, the Psychedelic Furs album has a post decimalisation price sticker. :D
Hardly surprising as the UK went decimal in 1971. The 'Psychedelic Furs' didn't form until the late '70s.
Even so, the record is nearly fifty years old.
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...5ef01d16f.jpeg
The Dolly Rocker Movement - Our Days Mind the Tyme
Which leads nicely into --
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...0cd756d4d.jpeg
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...4c0d70ff1.jpeg
The Dolly Rocker Movement - Electric Sunshine
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...642a25b2e.jpeg
The Dolly Rocker Movement - A Purple Journey Into The Mod Machine
.. and the award for the most illegible album titles goes to The Dolly Rockers... Good job your posts are coming with subtitles :) Rubbish graphic design bugs me no end, like a stone in your shoe or an itch you can't reach.
Look what I found while looking for something else! Didn't know I had this :doh: Agree about the "Shine a Light" track, it's a good 'un.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...e5fcddb5f.jpeg
Crazy Penis - 24 Hour Psychedelic Freakout
I gave Exile on Main Street a go this morning, and I can't say I was very impressed. Looking into it a bit more, I see that the version I have (2010) wasn't very well received, reviews using words like 'heavily compressed' and 'brickwalled'.
The disc itself says 'CD one', though there isn't a CD two here. To top it all, the inlay's pages are all stuck together, must have got wet at some point. Oh well.
So onto this, more my kind of thing.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._QL70_ML2_.jpg
Steve - Two out of three ain't bad! Is the Steely Dan disc a collection?
(I'm waiting for a Dan collection called "Dildo", though that would probably be regarded as unacceptable. :D )
Yes it is. I only really got it for 'FM', which as you'll know only appears on their best-ofs. And that's nice, but there are too many omissions on this for me to call it a 'proper' best-of. Still, it's nicely produced. One day I'll get round to buying another compilation which includes Ricki/Do it Again/Reelin'/Dirty Work. One day.
Remind me on Friday, I have a vinyl copy of 'Greatest Hits' you can have (That's this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greate...ely_Dan_album) )