Nice one Steve!
What about 'Obscured by Clouds'? That too is a film score by Pink Floyd.
And then there is 'The Body', also by PF. :scratch:
'The Body' was a collaboration between Ron Geesin and Roger Walters, so it would be disingenuous for me to suggest that it was a documentary film soundtrack by Pink Floyd; however all four members of the group do play together on one of the tracks (on the second side, I think, as I don't possess the album).
https://I.postimg.cc/xdPJzpSC/LP2316.jpg
Dom, your image is not viewable (for me at least).
On a bit of an Alice Cooper 'roll' there Steve. :)
You could say that, though by following with this, it could be said I'm on a bit of a Steve Hunter 'roll'...
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX425_.jpg
He contributed guitar on much of Alice Cooper's earlier albums, and also composed and played guitar on the Sweet Jane "Intro" of Rock 'n' Roll Animal. Talented bloke, he's also worked with Peter Gabriel (acoustic guitar for Solsbury Hill), and also done much work with Tracy Chapman.
Pink Floyd - 'Atom Heart Mother'
CD 7243 8 31246 2 6 (Doug Sax remaster, 1994)
I really like this album, as it has interesting contributions from Ron Geesin: the title track 'Atom Heart Mother' and the last track 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast'. The latter is a bit of a gimmick; especially the vinyl version where the dripping tap at the end continues into the locked run-out groove, so if you were stoned and had fallen asleep, you would reawaken to the sound of a dripping tap! :doh:
But the real contribution from Geesin is the title track. I saw them perform this, complete with brass band, at the Bath Festival in 1969 (or was it 1970?). Anyway, I must have been stoned at the time, as I can remember crawling back into my tent to lie down, and missed the launch of a pair of skyrockets at the very end! (another :doh: )
According to a couple of internet sources I saw, the 'dripping tap' run out groove for Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is only on the original presses, and does not appear on the 2016 Bernie Grundman reisssue (the version I have), but Wikipedia reckons it does :scratch: It's a mystery!
As I usually lift the tonearm ahead of the run out on records I'm familiar with, I don't know the truth of it. So I'll stick it on tomorrow and see.
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...3df374bed.jpeg
A very underrated Bowie Album, imo.
And now to the man himself:
Ron Geesin - 'A Raise of Eyebrows'
Vinyl, Transatlantic TRA-161 (1967)
Note the two Revox G36 recorders, a valve Leak preamplifier (presumably with a matching Leak power amplifier hidden away somewhere) and two Vortexion four-channel mixers. I think the microphone is a Reslo ribbon type. Yes - I'm a bit of a 'nerd' when it comes to audio equipment. :)
https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.e...7774e48c5.jpeg
Live @ the BBC Radio Theatre disc
Colosseum - 'Those Who Are About To Die Salute You'
Despite the awful cover, this is not a bad LP.
Some more Colosseum:
Colosseum - 'Valentine Suite'
Double LP, and much better than their debut LP. :)
I remember Colosseum, but can't recall their music. I may have had albums by them, but it would have been a long time ago.
I too only remember the name, but not what their music is like. Hopefully not represented by their album art which is truly shocking.
Colosseum - 'Daughter of Time'
Expanded version CD SMRCD119 (2004)
https://i.ibb.co/N2qbKW0r/R-4.jpg
My second copy of this one, the first is the only CD I have that had the PDO 'disc rot' issue.
'Shine A Light' - how good is that song?
I thought for a minute that you might be needing professional help, but investigations revealed that you were referring to the Stones' song, and not Love Shine a Light by Katrina and the Waves :doh:
I don't know how good it is, I don't have that album. But I'll check it out tomorrow on the Alexa :)