https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
Tom Waits trying hard not to look at that lady's tits. Let me know when she's covered them, he's growling.
I bought one of his albums a few years ago (Bone Machine) because I thought I should, but just couldn't get on with it. We're all different I suppose.
As I must have mentioned before, Tom Waits was recommended to me around 50 years ago by someone who knew my tastes in music. And in many ways it was a sensible suggestion as I liked what he sung about. Sadly however, I simply cannot stand the sound of his voice!
It is a shame as I really like Ricky Lee Jones and Dr. John, but not Tom Waits. My loss.
Pretty much like her Dad, Barry, crossed with Courtney Love. Ranges from rocky / grungy tracks to almost ballads. I'm not a great fan of female vocalists but, on first listen, I like this.
Might fire up the record player tomorrow and have a Groundhogs morning, only have two records.
Jack Johnson 'Sleep Through The Static'
Bushfire Records 1756126 (2008)
A compilation album of Jack Johnson's work.
CD EMI 7243 8 29748 2 6 (Remastered by Doug Sax, 1992)
Haven't played 'Animals' in ages - so reminded I played it this afternoon. And now I know why it hasn't been played - it's what i would call a "ho hum" LP. IMO most of it is forgettable, in fact only track 4 'Sheep' made me sit up and listen.
Given my disappointment with Pink Floyd's 'Animals', I though I would play a couple of other PF albums which have dropped below the radar. They are:
Music From the Film More
Really enjoyed this; played reasonably loud, nearly everything caught my attention. I have seen the film twice: first on its release at the cinema in 1969, and the second a rare showing on TV, probably in the '90s.
Obscured by Clouds
CD EMI CDP 7 46385 2 (1972)
This is the soundtrack to the film 'La Vallée', a film which I have seen but left little impression on me, and that is possibly why this PF disc did the same. Ho Hum!