Further Tannoy Rectangular GRF replica exploits
Besides other projects, I've had a custom GRF build on the go for a pair finished in Mahogany II stain & full gloss varnish with some interesting extras.
I won't bore you with all the internal build shots, so here is what they look like.
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/86...600x600Q85.jpg
Brass pan head bolts fixing the drivers, larger 75mm dia rubber tyred wheels with lock on rear brakes.
Close up of Golds
http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/31...600x600Q85.jpg
Here in the listening position, playing
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg
Crossovers are built into separate matching external boxes - connect with Neutrik 4 pole plugs and sockets on the back of the cabs for easy connection.
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/32...600x600Q85.jpg
Added grab handles on the rear for easy moving.
http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/45...600x600Q85.jpg
and on the back of he cabs - aids lifting
http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/37...600x600Q85.jpg
An interesting project and a bit out of the ordinary. I've got another pair on the go now in same colour also for Golds - seems to be popular choice.
These will have cat proof mesh in the vertical horn down section (out of sight) to stop inquisitive pussies climbing up inside them:)