-
The Note introduction
Hello everyone,
My name is Egidijus and I am from Lithuania. I have been passionate about music and analogue audio for nearly five decades.
My interests include vinyl, turntables, tube amplification, field-coil loudspeakers, phono cartridges and handmade audio equipment. Over the years I have built and experimented with many different analogue audio projects, and today I continue this work through The Note.
I am currently developing a field-coil phono cartridge and still spend far too much time listening to records and experimenting with sound. :)
I recently joined The Art of Sound and look forward to meeting other people who share the same passion for music and audio.
Best regards from Lithuania,
Egidijus / The Note
-
Welcome to the Art of Sound Egidijus,
Your research projects sound interesting, especially field-coil loudspeakers and cartridges. There are many here who still prefer to play vinyl records and use valve amplification.
What are your tastes in music - what do you spin for relaxation and whilst developing your cartridge designs?
Welcome again
Barry
-
I’ve met field coil speakers before but field coil cartridges are new to me. Presumably moving coil? How do you generate a strong enough field within the dimensions of a cartridge body? How is the power supply arranged? Fascinating stuff!
-
Welcome to the forum Egidijus.
-
And welcome from me too, sounds interesting! Enjoy AoS. [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Hi Egidijus,
Welcome to AoS:)
You need to tell us more about your field-coil cartridges and speakers, hopefully with some pictures, as I'm big fan of that technology.
Hope you enjoy it here.
Marco.
-
Hello Egidijus, welcome to AOS.
Your experimentations sound esoteric, I'm sure there will be interest in them.