I have a novafidelity x40 ripper server, great bit of kit. Apparently the business is now dead, so no now now security updates and a defunct product, what's the point in such products?
Printable View
I have a novafidelity x40 ripper server, great bit of kit. Apparently the business is now dead, so no now now security updates and a defunct product, what's the point in such products?
Does it have uPnP/DLNA functionality? That's what Auralic owners are saying they can fall back on as the various streaming options become unusable.
But to answer your original question the point of such digital products with locked down proprietary software is it enjoy them while you can [emoji23]
I've given up on streamers now and I've converted an old mini pc into an LMS streamer using free Daphile software. It's cheaper, should last longer and (surprisingly) it sounds as good as or better than any streamer I've owned in the past.
So presumably you can play to it using Bubble uPnP and similar software. But that won't be using much of it's functionality, it was a CD ripper IIRC? Hopefully the screen will still display album art when it's being used as a DLNA endpoint (if that's what it's called).
M-connect & Bubble work just fine no problems with them
With a bit of o/s fiddling, could it be repurposed as a standalone Daphile or Volumio unit?
I haven't a clue what those are:scratch: