This is a lovely looking machine
LYREC RB-04
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LYREC-RB-0...YAAOSwB-1Y4SVH
Only a player though , If it recorded as well I would have been interested :eyebrows:
Printable View
This is a lovely looking machine
LYREC RB-04
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LYREC-RB-0...YAAOSwB-1Y4SVH
Only a player though , If it recorded as well I would have been interested :eyebrows:
Is it really as shallow in depth as it appears? LYREC were good machines; the BBC used many.
That's a great physical shape for an R2R (much less bulky than usual), and one I suspect that would make housing such a thing a more realistic prospect for many. Pity more R2Rs weren't made like that! :)
Marco.
Cheers Marco,
Indeed Lyrec made the RB-04 (FRED) for editing, but they also made FRIDA (PTR-1) which was meant for professional recording and playback. Two main versions exist, MK1 and MK2, though there aren't big differences between the two.
FRIDA has almost the same size, but looks even better than FRED.