Conversation Between Reid Malenfant and Starburst

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi, no not started with the SDX 15" units yet. But I think I have finally settled on a set of speakers that I'll be able to live with & will perform as I want

While I know that fitting 4 of these buggers into a room isn't easy, I have decided to spread them about a bit - which should be good for cutting down on room modes Not only that but the main speakers will only be 150L each (one SDX 15 in each one), which is much more acceptable.

I can hide 300L behind my TV Which is where the other two will be going...

I'll hopefully be getting on with them pretty shortly, been long enough already, but I have finally arrived at something that is acceptable visually & acoustically!

Welcome to the forum by the way
  2. Hi Mark,
    I noticed your (what turned into) SDX15 build thread. I had a pair of these arriving today(from same source as your own, it seems he's sold both his own pairs) Have you put them to any use yet? If so, what use and how are they sounding?

My plans are less ambitious than yours. My wood work skills are poor so I'll be honing them on remodelling a pair of 112 litre PA cabs I have sat around to sealed boxes. If that works well I also have a 'hidden sub' plan of ditching half my bed base and making a pair of 200 litre under bed subs leaving only a dinky pair if Acoustic Energy AE1 speakers in sight.
    Lee
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2