Conversation Between Firebottle and Beverast

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Gavin,
    Welcome to AoS. To enable you to send me your details via private message (you don't want to post them on the open forum) you have to have ade 5 or 6 postings (it's to prevent spam from cluttering the forum).

Once you have made enough postings PM your details and I will get the Firebottle 2 up to you.

Cheers, Alan
  2. I have been using a solid state phono for a good few years now but have been curious to try out a valve phono stage. I am happy with my solid state but really feel like a change. Over the last few days I have been doing some research and basically stumbled upon your phono stage due to the overwhelmingly positive response. I was seriously considering getting a Croft RIAA phono stage but have no idea how it would sound with my system and no chance to audition it.

If possible I would really like to try out your Firebottle 2 phono stage. I have an Analogue Works Turntable with a Cartridge Man Music Maker MK3. It is quite a "musical" cartridge, so part of me is wondering whether a valve phono stage would be a good option. Perhaps it will add more "warmth" to the sound...I am not sure but basically I am looking for something different to the solid state I have (Cambridge 640P).

Regards
    Gavin
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2