Conversation Between Ali Tait and u070125

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Ali
    Thanks for the information, much appreciated. I will be modifying the DAC this weekend. I will let you know how I got on.

Regards

Reg Parker
  2. Hi Reg,
    The output on the board comes from right next to where the ribbon cables cross from one board to the other.If you look between the ribbon cables you will see a point on the board with a bit of solder right next to the inside edges of where the ribbon cables are soldered onto the board.Depending on which version you have,there may be two points right next to each other at each inside edge of the ribbon cable-you can solder to either of these.If you check oout the passive mod thread,there is a picture posted by Stan which better shows where to connect the wire,except in his picture he has just soldered the leg of the cap straight to the board.I used wire in order to fit the caps at the side of the pcb as I used film caps which are much larger and that was the only place to put them and still get the lid on!

Hope this helps.If you need any help just let me know.
  3. Hi Ali
    My name is Reg Parker and I have been following your posts, on this forum, on your progress of updating the Beresford 7510 to include the passive output mod. I am currently upgrading my Beresford 7510. It has been upgraded by Tirna electronics to include the WM8716 DAC and LM4562 Dual op amp and Mod 21. I have also changed the 5 V regulator to a UWB Class D 5 V Regulator. I would now like to further update my 7510 to include the Passive Output Mod. Ive seen the picture that you did for this Mod, on the forum, but I cant make out where I should take the output from the printed circuit board on this picture . Please could you let me know where the output should be taken on the printed circuit board.

Regards

Reg Parker
    u070125
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3