Conversation Between Reid Malenfant and jaclau28

4 Visitor Messages

1. I see, well the first thing you need to do is get a precise idea at what frequencies the crossover works at & if it modifies the passband of any of the drivers To do that you'll need a function generator, frequency counter & an accurate digital voltmeter. Once you have those you can take accurate measurements of all the passbands for each driver to see if the crossover modifies anything or simply acts as a crossover.

What i mean by that is you might find that there is a peak in the B110 (midrange driver) response that is taken care of by the crossover having a more gradual rolloff before it gets to the main crossover frequency.

If you are lucky & the responses are flat i'd recommend you purchase a Behringer CX3400 Super X Pro active crossover or better yet (by far) the Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro. In fact having fiddled with the Ultradrive Pro a week or so ago i'd suggest it'd be able to get round the problems even if the standard crossover modifies the response!

2. I am interested in trying to convert my passive pair to aktiv, whereas the currrent crossover is internal.
  3. Hi, apart from the fact that they use Kef drivers i know relatively little about them, sorry.

What do you want to know anyway, might as well see if i can help
  4. Hi, i understand you have knowledge of Linn Isobariks ?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4