PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a 'sticky' song?

magiccarpetride
23-02-2011, 23:44
What do I mean by 'sticky'? Well, it just so happens that, while I continue upgrading my audio, and all those familiar songs that I thought I knew inside out continue offering brand new and never before heard details, there always seem to be a few of those stubborn songs that just insist on sounding absolutely bloody same.

In my case, one of the most stubborn songs is, believe it or not, "Strawberry Fields Forever" by the Beatles. No matter how much I kept upgrading, not only my system but also the version of that song (from an anemic 1987 first digitized release, through various Dr. Ebbett etc. 'needle drop' versions, all the way to 2009 remasters and beyond, to the 24 bit remaster), this song keeps sounding absolutely the same to me. There's never even a tiniest new detail being revealed to my ears, I'm still hearing it the way I've first heard it back in the '60s.

Meanwhile, all the other Beatles songs just keep sounding better and better, even drastically so, as I continue improving my audio.

Odd, innit?

goraman
05-03-2011, 17:34
My sticky song is Tip Toe through the Tulips by Tiny Tim ,the only differance I've ever heard was on huge electrostates Sound Lsb P1's.
The uke just seemed omni present.