PDA

View Full Version : Densen DeMagic CD demagnetizer

pwood
22-02-2011, 13:32
I have had one of these (http://www.densen.dk/DEMAGIC/TNT.htm) for 15 years and it seems to have a smoothing effect on the sound after a 3min burst. I was given the disc by my dealer so it cost nothing and used it to run in speakers in the house and car. I ripped it to FLAC now.

I cant say how long the "effect" lasts before its required again but something is going on. Anyone else using this type of disc got an opinion?

John
22-02-2011, 13:51
I had one given free and yes it did have an effect on the sound but its not something I can be bothered with to be quite honest

DSJR
22-02-2011, 14:31
If it's the disc that feeds a loud mutli-beating set of tones into your system, gradually fading it away, all I can say is that it made my system sound worse of anything and even if it wasn't the system, it had a serious effect on my hearing, even with me out of the room.....

MartinT
22-02-2011, 14:37
I have one and have used it infrequently. To be honest, running the Cleanwave function on my PS Audio Powerplant has a much bigger effect on my system.

Ali Tait
22-02-2011, 19:03
I have tried one in the past, and to be honest I think most people listen to it while it runs, and some of the sounds are so piercing they make you wince, and I think this is what makes your system sound different when you listen after.

John
22-02-2011, 19:08
Not sure as the effects in my system seem to last a week but see where you coming from I just thought its not worth the effort of that horrible sound going through your system, but I would get the same effect by just wiping all my cables

Ali Tait
22-02-2011, 19:45
Haven't tried it for years John, and I no longer have a copy. Plus I have a much better system than I did then (I think!)

John
22-02-2011, 19:48
Same here and same hope Lol

Ali Tait
22-02-2011, 20:36
:lol:

HighFidelityGuy
23-02-2011, 18:08
I use the Isotek System Enhancer (http://www.isoteksystems.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?id=17) disc. This is supposed to demagnetise your system too. To be honest I've not really noticed much of a difference. I just run it while nobody's in the house once every month or so. I mainly use it for burning in new equipment and cables as it does seem to help speed up that process, probably because it produces lots of complex signals. There's also a 5 minute quick detox/warm up. I sometimes play this just after turning on my system to make sure it's warmed up.

I've ripped the tracks into wav files like all the rest of my music as I don't have a CD player as such. I think it would have a more obvious effect if played on an actual CD player as I can imagine these build up static over time due to the spinning disc. :confused:

John
23-02-2011, 18:52
I gave up on it long before I moved to computer audio so you could be right