PDA

View Full Version : Teac VRDS T1 Transport and Pink Triangle Ordinal with Yamaha 18bit chip

56frogs
18-02-2011, 15:58
A legend in its own lunchtime just got better.

With the standard RCA phono output the impedance down the 75ohm interconnect is actually 65ohms. I'm guessing most of you didn't know, like me. But a guy by the name of Peter Lindley demonstrated this to me. I listened to his T1 in direct comparison with mine and lo his was better, cleaner and more detailed.

So, I had mine changed to a BNC connector, then hooked it up to the PT Ordinal DAC - musical heaven. Only CD Player I've heard better it is the Audio Research CD2, if you can afford/get hold of it. I'm not saying there aren't other products that can better it, but you're going to have to pay a lot more for the pleasure.

Unfortunately, this combination has to go the way of my ATC SC2 preamp and SCM 50ASLs - professional photography is an expensive game and I need more kit :(

I'm selling both together for £600 or £250 for the T1 and £400 for the PT Ordinal. If bought together I throw in the BNC-to-BNC 75ohm interconnect. Postage on top or buyer can collect.

Anyone interested?

Spectral Morn
18-02-2011, 19:35
Ummm Richard.

We like new members to make their first post in the Welcome section, saying hello, telling us about themselves, system, taste in music etc not a for sale notice.

So please pop in to the Welcome section and do the above.....thank you.

Regards D S D L

srs
27-05-2011, 14:21
is the t1 still for sale?