PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to everyone out there!

Sir Archie Splinter
16-02-2011, 20:44
I am very new to this sort of thing, hopefully this is the correct box to speak to you all :-)

I am looking for a Pioneer RT 909, Mine was destroyed by couriers (I shan't name and shame - but they are a very big worldwide company - Not related to the Royal mail!!), Does anyone know where one might be lurking???

Cheers

Sad broken RT owner....

Reid Malenfant
16-02-2011, 20:49
Hi Shaun, i can't help you out with your dilemma but welcome to AoS all the same ;)

You just never know, you might strike it lucky :)

All the best & i hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

Sir Archie Splinter
16-02-2011, 21:09
Hi Mark,

I Have just been reading some other posts, and i think i am going to enjoy it in here, Thanks for the welcome, appreciated.

I think i should have mentioned something about my musical tastes and my system, rather than getting stuck into finding a replacement RT, Sorry.
I like all kinds of music, but mainly 1970's rock, and a fair bit of electronic music (Killing Joke, Kraftwerk, Neu etc) as well as lots and lots of general stuff...

I have a Pioneer set up, SA9800, SR303, RG2, SG9800, RT707, TXD1000,CT1250,CT950, PD5070, a Technics 1600MK11 with 205c MK3 cartridge (I know, not Pioneer! My PL570 died) and currently some Sony APM speakers..Because i like them.....

Spectral Morn
16-02-2011, 21:17
Hi Shaun

I nearly had a 707 once but it arrived damaged and off on one channel so Nick are resident RtR guy sent it back rather than forward it to me.

Anyway welcome to AOS.

I have a thing for tuners, and I have a few Pioneer ones 9100, 9500 mk 1 and mk 2 and a 9800. All very nice :)

What kind of music do you like?

Regards D S D L

Beechwoods
16-02-2011, 21:28
:lol: How could I forget that, Neil. Six of seller's packing ineptitude and half a dozen's worth of cavalier courier. I feel your pain Shaun. The RT-909 is a beautiful machine - I'd love one myself, I like the clashing worlds of the late 70's mechanical switches, a la the 707, and the burgeoning 80's fluorescent and digital world embodied by the peak meters :)

Don't say it was a black one.

Glad you found us, I hope you enjoy it here. Hopefully you'll strike lucky on your search for a 909.

Sir Archie Splinter
17-02-2011, 21:22
Hi D S D L,
I like all kinds of music, mainly late 70's rock, and i have a weird passion for electronic music, but only the early stuff (Kraftwerk, Killing Joke, etc) and anything else that has a musical disposition!!
I play tenor sax, so quite like 80's pop (which has lots of Sax!).
Oddly enough my Pioneer tuner is set on either Classic FM, or Radio 2.... less so since wogan retired :-(

Thank you for the welcome :-) I have always loved HiFi since i was 14 (But only could afford LoFi !)

Sir Archie Splinter
17-02-2011, 21:32
Hi Nick,
I have had things from all over the world posted to me...All arrived safe and sound....It would seem that Cornwall was a step too far! Next time i will make the 8 hour round trip to collect.... Gutted is an understatement - But the seller was as gutted as me, and gave me a full refund (inc P+P) and is colecting the destroyed goods next week - I think he was as maudling as me!

I have the complete Pioneer system (top end 1978 - 80) But minus the RT 909...has taken me years to track it all down :-( The RT 909 was the final bit.... But hey ho the 707 is still a great machine....but no flashing blue stuff

And ....happily it wasn't the black one (I haven't won the lottery) But it may as well have been......

I also have a Quad 405 thing going on...... :-)

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers

Shaun

Beechwoods
17-02-2011, 21:39
Good things come to those who wait. It's worth the inconvenience of travelling to pick this stuff up yourself, IMO. And you can always tie it in with a visit to see old friends or new ones. Glad the seller has been good for you. I hope he's able to claim back his costs from the courier too.

I love my 707 but the 7" reels things is a frustration at times. I have a Tandberg TD20A for playing big reels, but a 909 would be so much more chic :)

Sir Archie Splinter
17-02-2011, 21:51
I have waited...and waited so a little more waiting won't hurt!
Yes the seller insured it well :-)
7" reels, i fully understand, i have a RT 707 also, love it, but need 10" reels because.....well because :-)
Tanberg - Good kit, If i wasn't having a pioneer moment i would love one of those :-)

Waiting...waiting..waiting :-)

Rare Bird
19-02-2011, 19:36
I was gonna go for a '707' last week, apart from the seller being arse, i realised these machines wernt for me afterall, i couldnt live with one tbh.

Welcome Shaun anyway