PDA

View Full Version : New web site Coming soon.

greenhomeelectronics
15-08-2008, 16:59
Hi Folks, many of you will remember doing a bit of a survey for me a while back about what would make my web site more appealing. I listened to what you all said and made a few changes, I have now decided on going for the biggest change of all by creating a whole new site just for the high end audiophile stuff. The site - www.usedhifishop.co.uk - will go live on August 21st, we are currently acquiring stock that we hope will make the site appealing. Just to tickle the taste buds we have stuff from B&W, Audiolab, Audioquest, Quad, Cyrus, Meridian and others, we also have some excellent speaker cables that we have just started doing. These are of amazing quality, they are 438 strand per condustor oxygen free copper with excellent seperation between the conductors, at £39.99 including UK postage I believe they are the best value cable available anywhere.
We have built the site so that we can take credit or debit cards (very low limit at the moment but I am working on it) we can also take PayPal, cash, cheques, direct bank transfer, postal orders or banker's draft. Each item will have multiple photographs, we have taken heed of previous comments and kept descriptions shorty but we will provide web links within descriptions for people looking for more information.
We will continue to maintain and run our existing site and will continue to put broken stuff back to use whenever it is viable for us to do so but I feel it is important to differentiate between the two "groups" of equipment that we do.
We may even get things rolling with a special art of sound discount voucher, it all depends on whether people say nice things to me or not :lol:

Anyway, I will post again when it's live, do please visit us, as always any feedback will be gratefully received.
Dave.

Beechwoods
15-08-2008, 17:36
I think what you do is great - and that's not a feeble attempt to winkle out a discount! I'm certainly looking forward to keeping an eye on what you've got up, and the new site launch.

It's a shame there aren't more people doing what you're doing round here... Bristol's pretty big on the reuse/recycle thing but there's nothing trying to tie in the decent audio gear with the reuse concept...

Cheers, and good luck with the revamp :)

greenhomeelectronics
16-08-2008, 09:21
Well thank you very much for your kind comments, we are trying to make it more appealing to a wider audience. I think not many people do what we do because it is actually extremely hard to make a living at it. Without wishing to get political the government and local councils bang on and on about recycling and reuse then put every imaginable obstacle in the way of anybody trying to do it. Did you know we have to pay for a licence to transport our items? We also have to pay another licence for the premises because before our broken stuff is repaired it is classed as WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment). It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Thanks for the good wishes, hope to empty your wallet some day :-)

Mike
16-08-2008, 09:32
Thanks for the good wishes, hope to empty your wallet some day :-)

Err... Too late. It's a 'dust bowl' already! :(

greenhomeelectronics
16-08-2008, 19:39
So I assume you are married then, Mike??

Mike
19-08-2008, 11:10
Yus!..... With a pair of what are supposed to be kids.

They are more like Velocoraptors that feed on cold hard cash! :scratch:

colin.hepburn
11-09-2008, 22:55
Hi Dave
Well I'm new too this forum so just sussing out what’s here there are some members here I know from two valve forum so that’s good but just wanted to say nice to see what your are doing with this and support you great stuff yes this government are in my view not interested in what you or anyone else can do for the environment they just want your /our money in my opining they are the biggest con this country has :steam:
Yes I will be checking your site often :)
Cheers
Colin

Ali Tait
12-09-2008, 20:01
Well said Colin!

Marco
27-11-2008, 12:04
Hi Maria,

I'm not sure we can allow those advertising links. Do you have any interest in hi-fi or music? If not I'm afraid that I will have to remove your account.

Marco.