PDA

View Full Version : New T/T armboard

thrunobulaxx
12-08-2008, 13:19
I had been meaning to make a nice board from ally to go under my arm as it just had a michell VTA adjuster and washer untill now, i had some 6mm plate left over so set about making it this morning.
I`m well pleased with it and think its the final touch my T/T needed.
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/DSC02933.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/DSC02932.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/DSC02934.jpg

Yomanze
15-08-2008, 02:53
Hi John, the icing on the cake. Really nice looking turntable & looks HEAVY! Must say that new wood looks way, way better than the old wood you slapped around the bottom plinth ;) What sort of motor are you using with your turntable? Looks to be the only thing left apart from the tonearm lol!

thrunobulaxx
15-08-2008, 08:13
Hi John, the icing on the cake. Really nice looking turntable & looks HEAVY! Must say that new wood looks way, way better than the old wood you slapped around the bottom plinth ;) What sort of motor are you using with your turntable? Looks to be the only thing left apart from the tonearm lol!

Not shure how to take that Neil:scratch:

Do you mean the motor and arm need sorting ? the motor is an Origin live DC 100 and its box of tricks is a diy version of the origin Advanced kit and it works very nicely in this deck.
As for the arm i dont think you can do much more to an RB250, its had the full works apart from holes in the armtube, and sounds awsome imo.

If i do anything else it will be a deeper acrylic platter, say 50/60mm thick, and a pu7 if i win the lottery;)

I do have a plot hatching for a circular granite T/T with seperate granite "pods" for motor and arm, that way i can try different arms and drive systems and i may even go the Vectra route with flywheels in two other granite pods for the triangular drive used on the Funk etc.

But this design may have too much mass to lift single handed, a 12" dia x 60mm deep lump of cosmo granite will be heavy, and by the time you add the pods and another slab to mount it all on it may well be way over 100k and wont be travelling to any bake offs.;)

Marco
15-08-2008, 17:25
Looks fantastic, John - another valuable addition to the arsenal of amazing Thruno T/T and arm mods :)

PU7? Couldn't you build something yourself to rival it? ;)

Marco.

thrunobulaxx
16-08-2008, 05:46
Looks fantastic, John - another valuable addition to the arsenal of amazing Thruno T/T and arm mods :)

PU7? Couldn't you build something yourself to rival it? ;)

Marco.
I very much doubt it Marco, the pu7 is the result of years of knowledge and experimentation and while i can probably make the parts needed dont have the time left in my life to get it put together in a form to come anywhere near the pu7`s capability.

I have a lot of respect for j7`s attention to fine detail and abilty to put together an arm of this quality, i know how long it takes to bore out and shape just the bearing yoke alone., then there is all the test equipment, anodising / plating equipment.

I had to send my RB250 to him to sort out my mistakes, my cart tag soldering was diabolical in comparison and if it were not for j7 a £130 incognito loom would be useless.

I`m happy just to be able to help with missing / broken parts etc, i am no tonearm expert.

Yomanze
16-08-2008, 10:43
Not shure how to take that Neil:scratch:

Do you mean the motor and arm need sorting ? the motor is an Origin live DC 100 and its box of tricks is a diy version of the origin Advanced kit and it works very nicely in this deck.
As for the arm i dont think you can do much more to an RB250, its had the full works apart from holes in the armtube, and sounds awsome imo.

If i do anything else it will be a deeper acrylic platter, say 50/60mm thick, and a pu7 if i win the lottery;)

I do have a plot hatching for a circular granite T/T with seperate granite "pods" for motor and arm, that way i can try different arms and drive systems and i may even go the Vectra route with flywheels in two other granite pods for the triangular drive used on the Funk etc.

But this design may have too much mass to lift single handed, a 12" dia x 60mm deep lump of cosmo granite will be heavy, and by the time you add the pods and another slab to mount it all on it may well be way over 100k and wont be travelling to any bake offs.;)

Hi John, sorry for the confusion. I think the new wooden plinth surround & armboard really do finish things up. Looks like a fabulous setup & wasn't criticising anything. I was just remarking about the massive level of custom work. ;)