PDA

View Full Version : WTD : MM Cartridge

Neff
29-01-2011, 22:03
Looking for a cartridge to enable me to try some leftover vinyl from years gone by . Looking for something nice but modestly priced to see if I want to get back into things .

Ortofon 2M Red / Rega Bias / Grado Prestige are ones I'm primarily interested in but open to offers .

Bank transfer payment , include delivery costs as well please .

Thanks

The Grand Wazoo
29-01-2011, 23:10
Hello Pablo,
Perhaps you wouldn't mind going over to the Welcome section to start a thread to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us a little about yourself, your hifi & musical interests. This is kind of expected of new members and certainly appreciated by most of the membership.
Folks are more likely to help you out if they feel they at least know you a little bit, y'know?
Cheers

Mike g
30-01-2011, 08:46
I might have a denon dl110 high output mc which will work with a mm phononstage. I bought it s/h at Christmas for £60 (i think) and have only used it for a few hours. Comes in original box with all the bits. Would sell for £55 inc delivery. Pm me if you are interested.

Mike

Gromit
30-01-2011, 09:11
Neff - I've got a Grado Prestige Black 1 here which has (seriously!) less than 15 hours on it. Bought a couple of months ago as a spare, it's spent most of its life in the drawer. It's got a small mark on each side of the metal 'can' where the bolts were inserted but other than that it's pretty much as-new. Only selling because I'll likely never use it again.

Original box/packaging etc.

Would let it go for £28 inc postage (was £52 new).

freem
30-01-2011, 09:58
Looking for a cartridge to enable me to try some leftover vinyl from years gone by . Looking for something nice but modestly priced to see if I want to get back into things .

Ortofon 2M Red / Rega Bias / Grado Prestige are ones I'm primarily interested in but open to offers .

Thanks

I have a Grado Prestige Gold with less than 20 hours use before I upgraded to a Musicmaker.
Will sell for £60 inc postage.

mole0937
30-01-2011, 10:12

Thanks

I have a SHURE V15 Mk 4 with brand new unused stylus still boxed. £115 delivered.

Neff
30-01-2011, 14:21
Hello Pablo,
Perhaps you wouldn't mind going over to the Welcome section to start a thread to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us a little about yourself, your hifi & musical interests. This is kind of expected of new members and certainly appreciated by most of the membership.
Folks are more likely to help you out if they feel they at least know you a little bit, y'know?
Cheers

Sorry , I will certainly update sometime today . :doh:

My real name isn't Pablo either , that is my work nickname & used by 2nd nature , name is Paul so will update my profile .

Neff
30-01-2011, 14:32
So many offers , I'm tempted by them all , thanks .

I am going to actually buy a 2nd headshell so want to eventually have 2 cartridges , a so called starter as required here but also buy something a little more up market soon .

A friend lent me a cartridge last night to get the vinyl running , sounds great listening to long last used stuff , so I'm hooked for further listening .

I'll check some details out & get back today with a response to what has been offered , please bear with me .

Also , if anyone has a spare standard plugin headshell they can offer please update .

Neff
30-01-2011, 18:26
Neff - I've got a Grado Prestige Black 1 here which has (seriously!) less than 15 hours on it. Bought a couple of months ago as a spare, it's spent most of its life in the drawer. It's got a small mark on each side of the metal 'can' where the bolts were inserted but other than that it's pretty much as-new. Only selling because I'll likely never use it again.

I'd like to give this a go , seems the best compromise between price & performance for now .

Send details please .

Neff
30-01-2011, 18:36
I might have a denon dl110 high output mc which will work with a mm phononstage. I bought it s/h at Christmas for £60 (i think) and have only used it for a few hours. Comes in original box with all the bits. Would sell for £55 inc delivery. Pm me if you are interested.

Mike

Definitely interested , I'll make some detailed investigations .

Can you send further details via PM ?

Thanks

Neff
30-01-2011, 18:37
I have a Grado Prestige Gold with less than 20 hours use before I upgraded to a Musicmaker.
Will sell for £60 inc postage.

Again , I'm interested but need to investigate further ,

Can you send further details via PM ?

Thanks

Neff
30-01-2011, 18:39
I have a SHURE V15 Mk 4 with brand new unused stylus still boxed. £115 delivered.

Bit more than what I want to spend at the moment , thanks .

Mike g
30-01-2011, 20:31
Pm sent

Neff
31-01-2011, 00:52

Seems you have sold this on HiFiWigwam , I'll look at the others now .

Gromit
31-01-2011, 17:55
Seems you have sold this on HiFiWigwam , I'll look at the others now .

Sorry - I received a pm from the chap who ended up buing about 4pm yesterday, but didn't read it until about the same time as you'd posted up that you'd like the Black. Thought it would be fairest to go 'by the clock' as it were. :(

Apologies for you missing out - hope you get something sorted soon. :)

Neff
31-01-2011, 19:02
No problem , I have others to turn too now , thanks for the offer anyway .

vinylspinner
31-01-2011, 19:15
Hi Paul,

I also have a prestige black which is as new, again purchased as a back up.

I will sell it at the same price as gromits---£28.00 inc postage

Nigel

Neff
31-01-2011, 19:47
Hi Paul,

I also have a prestige black which is as new, again purchased as a back up.

I will sell it at the same price as gromits---£28.00 inc postage

Nigel

That sounds good to me as the basic one for now Nigel .

Please PM details & I assume bank transfer is ok with you ?

:)

Neff
02-02-2011, 00:15
Now sorted :mex: