PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Touch jumping

Jonboy
23-01-2011, 16:56
Has anyone had any problems with their SB touch mine keeps jumping today, sometimes it just jumps back a few seconds on a song other times it jumps back to the begining of the entire track, its worse on Spotify but has just done it on Last FM, its hard wired to the router and my connection seems ok as Spotify works fine on my laptop and thats wireless :scratch:

dogsnadgers
23-01-2011, 17:35
Never had the problem but you could try a reboot - usually a 'cure all'!

Dave

Jonboy
23-01-2011, 18:45
touch wood a reboot has done the trick, it even started jumping and shutting it self off on the hard drive stuff

Should of tried it before :doh:

Rare Bird
23-01-2011, 19:24
bit of luck it might jump off the sideboard into the bin :lolsign:

Jonboy
23-01-2011, 21:19
bit of luck it might jump off the sideboard into the bin :lolsign:

You know you want one, much better than an over priced Sonus :ner:

Rare Bird
23-01-2011, 21:24
:lol:

Jonboy
29-04-2011, 09:57
My squeeze box is on borrowed time, i have rebooted and factory reset it counless times and it still refuses to read my hard drive again, all was working well before, all it reads is the gallery images ie album covers, it won't read any music data and can't seam to see any music files at all, what gives any ideas ?

Ali Tait
29-04-2011, 10:16
Have you tried a wipe and rescan? that sorted mine.

slate
29-04-2011, 10:38
And what firmware are you running?

Jonboy
29-04-2011, 21:14
Have you tried a wipe and rescan? that sorted mine.

Thought i had Ali by doing a factory reset, it told me that it was scanning for new files

Latest software update i think, it asked to update so i did, its running 7.5.4

slate
30-04-2011, 08:39
Could your problems be related to the 7.5.4 update? or it does not fit timewise...

Thing Fish
30-04-2011, 15:47
Thought it was only records that used to jump...;)

Ali Tait
30-04-2011, 16:27
Jon, go to squeezebox server in the settings menu and there should be an option to wipe and rescan. See if doing that sorts it.

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 20:38
Right tried all of the above, but all appears well, so i have just been through all of the option boxes and have re-ticked some in relation to the USB device and hey prosto it is now reading the device!!! fingers crossed, the trouble i thinks seems to have stemmed from when i put a pass word on my wireless network although the squeeze box has always been hard wired, my wifes iphone won't always see it on ipeng but my daughters ipod touch does and they both used to ??, you can see why i'm getting pissed off with it, i'm going back to cds soon

Stratmangler
30-04-2011, 21:02
Are you using the TinySC built in to the Touch, or are you using Squeezebox Server on a serving computer ?

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 21:09
Sorry Chris i'm a bit of a divvy with this stuff, not sure to be honest, just got it out of the box and it worked with everything but it doesn't always now, i think it's running off the computer as a server as it won't connect to libuarys when the computers are switched off, how can i change it ?

Please be gentle with me

Stratmangler
30-04-2011, 21:23
I run the Squeezeboxes at home using the computer/server option myself - there's a Touch and a Classic (nee SB3) running here, and the Classic requires a seperate serving machine, so I just introduced the Touch into the same environment.
Both machines work just fine.

What level of Squeezebox Server are you running ?
You'll find the info by going to Squeezebox Server/Settings/Information.

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 21:40
i don't seem to get that option, only stop or start or rescan if i stop it running

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 21:50
it's lost the usb hard drive again and taken at least 8 attemps to refind it and play from it again, keeps saying switch libuary as usb device can't be found, it's going back or a big hammer will sort it out

Stratmangler
30-04-2011, 21:57
OK - let's start from square one.
Where is the USB hard drive plugged in ?

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 22:06
it's plugged into the squeeze box, i uploaded all my music with it plugged into my laptop usung dp power amp, i can see play the files using foobar and the like on my laptop and it worked fine to begin with, but is very hit and miss now on the touch, should it mattter what program it is allocated for on my lappy

Stratmangler
30-04-2011, 22:12
it's plugged into the squeeze box, i uploaded all my music with it plugged into my laptop usung dp power amp, i can see play the files using foobar and the like on my laptop and it worked fine to begin with, but is very hit and miss now on the touch, should it mattter what program it is allocated for on my lappy

So you're using the TinySC that is embedded into the Touch.
When you access the directories on the USB HDD via your laptop, do you unplug the HDD from the Touch and plug it into your laptop ?

2nd thoughts on the laptop program business - the Touch cannot be address by remote computer when TinySC is being used, so whatever program you allocate the files for on your laptop should be irrelevent

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 22:26
So you're using the TinySC that is embedded into the Touch.
When you access the directories on the USB HDD via your laptop, do you unplug the HDD from the Touch and plug it into your laptop ?

Yes but only to load on more music, when i plug it back into the touch should it not just update the new files (discovering new files) and carry on as before, the touch just dosn't always see the music files, it is working fine just now, i think i have just got a Friday afternoon special,

Sorry Chris if i'm being hard work, but i'm sure it's not right

Ali Tait
30-04-2011, 22:29
I think you have to set squeezebox server running manually now. I've had to do so for a while now, and I run mine the same way you do Jon. Stick with it mate, I know it's a pain in the arse when you get problems, but they'll get sorted in the end.

alfie2902
30-04-2011, 22:52
Why not just download squeezebox server to the laptop & keep the HDD plugged into the laptop > point SBS to the files on the HDD & wirelessly stream to the touch?

You could even move the PC & noisy HDD out of the room & control the touch with an iPhone iPodTouch or iPad via iPeng! No HDD noise in the HiFi room & SBS is better to my ears than TinySC & seems alot more stable!

Or am I missing something in your set-up?

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 23:17
Do you want a holiday "down south" Alfie and sort it out?

That does make sense, i might give it a try when i'm sober, all music should be then accessed from my laptop, we shall see

zanash
01-05-2011, 19:02
I had similar issue on a sb3 ......eventually tracked it down to the hd ....its an external so unplugged it switched it off and restarted ...then worked fine ..

I'd gone through all the rescanning proceedure too resteup nightmares , etc...and did the hard drive thing as a last resort ...

I've also had two hard drive die on me ....so have all my music backed onto two other hard drives ,....bit of pain really

alfie2902
01-05-2011, 19:24
There's a little free program called SyncToy that's great for 1 to 1 copies, easy to add new music to the back ups too!
Anything that makes backing up easier is great IMO because then you do it! HDDs fail & that's fact, so multiple back ups are a good idea & SyncToy does take the pain out of it IMO!

alfie2902
01-05-2011, 19:29
Do you want a holiday "down south" Alfie and sort it out?

That does make sense, i might give it a try when i'm sober, all music should be then accessed from my laptop, we shall see

A holiday "down south" Hmmm... You do realise I've got 5 kids Jon!!? :lol:

You can do it mate! Just make sure you sort out the router permissions, router can cause a few problems sometimes! Well mine did anyway.