PDA

View Full Version : celebrating...

Ashmore
21-01-2011, 20:38
...one year surviving quadruple heart bypass. :)

Reid Malenfant
21-01-2011, 20:59
Holy crap :eek: Well done that man ;) My father went on for about 10 or so years after he had a triple bypass. Genuine member of the zipper club (chest) & a massively long scar down one leg where a vein was removed to do the repairs.

He lasted to about 70, me i'll conk out a good deal before then & as long as i enjoy myself i really don't give a hoot ;) No family to leave behind so not so much of a problem...

Bests to you & i hope you have many more years of fun :)

Rare Bird
21-01-2011, 22:01
well done ash cant wait till im gone

Ashmore
21-01-2011, 22:24
Thanks fellas - not sure why I felt moved to post really, I'm not an especially sentimental person.

A friend asked me if it was keyhole surgery... I told him it must've been a f*cking big key!

I hope I have many years ... I'm only 41!

Andre, really? We're a long time dead dude...

The Vinyl Adventure
21-01-2011, 22:31
Good work!
Good luck with your new venture ;)

MartinT
21-01-2011, 22:34

Well done! You must be just beginning to feel normal again. That must have taken some recovery.

Spectral Morn
21-01-2011, 22:35

That's good, life's precious :)

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
22-01-2011, 07:44
I hope I have many years ... I'm only 41!

Andre, really? We're a long time dead dude...

Crikey - me too - (and very unhealthy) - I guess better that they found out you needed it before it was too late - posted on here before (late 2009) about a guy at work a little older than us who was fit as a fiddle - or so we thought - did triathlons and all the right things - dropped dead as a dodo out jogging. I've always said jogging is dangerous!

Anyway, on a serious note, glad you've made the 1st anniversary and here's hoping you are one of the increasing number of centenarians in 59 years time!

Andre will probably be with you in the same home - I imagine he will make a great very grumpy old man! :lol: