PDA

View Full Version : cheap tuning parts, goatbrush and rose quartz

indie roehre
21-01-2011, 17:00
hi
just bought two new "tuning" parts for LP listeners. cheap alternate parts I will test it later and tell you the effect, if I hear one :mental:.

Part1 : goat brush
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l481/indieroehre/DSCN4933-1.jpg

Part2: rose quartz
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l481/indieroehre/DSCN4935-1.jpg

Greetings

Knut

indie roehre
22-01-2011, 07:20
so here it is:

I checked out the very soft brush with three very dirty records. hairs are from goat, 100% natural. made for baby heads, bought in our drugstore. The effect ist fine. with dry cleaning you eliminate lots of crackling noise. a very good result. but surface keeps dirty when you look from a side. better result was first washing with okki nokki and then use the goat brush. Like using a carbon brush. only washing with okkinokki I had some noise remain.

this brush costs me 3,99 Euro and is my alternate tip for the Lori goat brush, costs 49 Euro.

on the other hand we have the rose quartz. it is a insider tip here in hifi shops, and in our analog forum, because of the antimagnetic effect of rose quartz. you put it carefully(!) under the cartridge. I let it there over night. ..and what should I say? I hear nothing, no difference. absolutly nothing to change the sound.

result: ok. when you believe in the physical effect of rose quartz it is a cheap investment. 2 Euro, and it looks nice on your turntable with the right light behind it.

all in all it is worth looking for low-budget tool and spend the saved money in records.

Greetings
Knut

sonddek
22-01-2011, 10:37
The quartz will work, but you need to utter the right shamanic invocations as you brush it gently against the stylus.

Brushes, on the other hand, are always bad for records as they sweep surface dust into the grooves where it can be heard, and stamped into the vinyl by the stylus.

Nigel
23-01-2011, 15:21
The goats hair brush sounds interesting, especially if it can get rid of static snap crackle. I guess you very lightly let it touch the surface of the LP?

Moko
23-01-2011, 21:22
The brushes in the Knosti Disco Antistat are goats hair, so I guess a goat hair brush should be the right thing.

Which pharmacy sells goat hair brushes, as I never thought of looking there for one?