PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy Revolution R1 Speakers - repair or not?

Ammonite Audio
17-01-2011, 17:48
I have a pair of Tannoy Revolution R1 speakers that I lent out, and which are now burnt out. That's not much of an exaggeration, since one bass driver at least has lost its voice coil and one resistor on each of the crossover boards is badly charred. I will need to check the tweeters separately. Hrrmph:steam:

Tannoy have confirmed that replacement bass drivers are available at £31 + VAT each + carriage. The question is - are the R1s worth it? They are a nice little speaker but I don't particularly need them. My inclination is to get them up to full working order and then sell them, unless someone tells me that it's not an economic proposition. There is a pair listed on eBay for over £200 with a BIN, but no bids. What are they worth? Anyone know?

Thanks

Reid Malenfant
17-01-2011, 18:38
Hey Hugo, why are you thinking of paying for them to be fixed? :scratch: If i lent someone my car (which i haven't got) & they smashed it up i'd expect whoever borrowed it to pay to fix it :)

I don't see the difference here, you lent them out working & you surely expect them back in the same condition no? :cool:

Macca
17-01-2011, 19:09
If i lent someone my car (which i haven't got) & they smashed it up i'd expect whoever borrowed it to pay to fix it :)

is the car you lend out but haven't got similar to the invisible motor-cycle in the Hair Bear Bunch? I understand that was a bastard to fix when it broke down.

I would say mint used Tannoy R1 I would pay £80 tops - IMHO you understand. So as Mark says either forget it or get the ungrateful sod who bust them up to pay for it.:)

Reid Malenfant
17-01-2011, 19:13
is the car you lend out but haven't got similar to the invisible motor-cycle in the Hair Bear Bunch? I understand that was a bastard to fix when it broke down.
:lolsign: