PDA

View Full Version : Audiojumble Sunday 13th Feb 2011

Jonboy
08-01-2011, 15:33
If anyones interested the next event is on on Sunday 13th Feb, i might be sharing a stall again this year as i need to have a clear out, just hate parting with stuff

Link Here (http://www.audiojumble.co.uk/previousevents.htm), the video gives you an idea of what its all about

MartinT
08-01-2011, 17:19
Tonbridge, eh? Wish it was a little closer but tempted.

Jonboy
08-01-2011, 17:50
Tonbridge, eh? Wish it was a little closer but tempted.

Go on you know you want to

Ammonite Audio
08-01-2011, 18:49
I'm very interested in sharing a stall, if anyone else has stuff to move on.

DSJR
08-01-2011, 21:52
Wanted, a Decca Auto-Decalian "88" with Collaro Conquest changer inside. But not for insane Dansette money though.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/DSJR_photos/decca20decalian88.jpg

Pic from another fan...

There are other vintage radio auctions out there and these occasionally do have insane audio bargains amongst the radios and old TV's...

Alex_UK
09-01-2011, 21:37
Dave i can't help thinking your taking the piss with all these box players :scratch:

I can assure you he isn't! He's having lots of fun though I think! :)

Beobloke
10-01-2011, 10:44
My stall is booked! :eyebrows:

Marco
10-01-2011, 15:28
Move the bloody thing up north, and more folk might be interested! ;)

Marco.

ff1d1l
11-01-2011, 14:03

Marco.

Seconded

DSJR
11-01-2011, 14:09
I can assure you he isn't! He's having lots of fun though I think! :)

Far more fun than spending thousands on a bloody discontinued Jap direct drive :D

One day, you guys will realise that audio Nirvana is impossible, whatever direction you take, however big your Tannoys and irrespective of how expensive your system is. You may just begin to find pleasure in the very simple things in life ;)

Rare Bird
11-01-2011, 14:36
Far more fun than spending thousands on a bloody discontinued Jap direct drive :D

One day, you guys will realise that audio Nirvana is impossible, whatever direction you take, however big your Tannoys and irrespective of how expensive your system is. You may just begin to find pleasure in the very simple things in life ;)

At the moment i'm getting the best pleasure i've ever had from any hifi in any shape or form regardless of price. It's from a ridiculously cheap buget system i put together it's quite astonishing really, astonishing in a way that yesterday i vowed to never bother with hifi again (I even signed a contract between myself & the wife i'm that confident) & just get on with the music from now.I won't mention the system for fear of getting summond to the deepest bowels of the earth by the hifi snob squad :mental:, i never really cared for fancy hifi terms, the imaginary bull they come out thinking they can hear, lets say it's all in their heads not their ears :lol: , so there's never been any searching for audio Nirvana with me :)

Marco
11-01-2011, 14:52
Lol - what are you two like! :eyebrows:

Marco.

John
11-01-2011, 15:36
I think I might give it a try this year

MCRU
11-01-2011, 16:48
Can someone buy me a garrard 401 if there is one going for a good price?

Beobloke
12-01-2011, 10:55

Marco.

Pah, we don't want you lot with yer cloth caps and whippets wandering around an event like this and moaning about how expensive everything is.......:)

Marco
12-01-2011, 11:08
Hehehe... Don't include me in that lot - I'm Italian! :eyebrows:

Don't see why someone couldn't start a vintage audio sale up north, though....

Marco.

MCRU
12-01-2011, 11:24
:ner:Kent is full of sheep shaggers I was told just like Wales? Anyone who knows different feel free to post.:ner:

I am so jealous about the audio jumble.

Jonboy
12-01-2011, 12:34
Pah, we don't want you lot with yer cloth caps and whippets wandering around an event like this and moaning about how expensive everything is.......:)

:lolsign:

Jonboy
12-01-2011, 12:40
:ner:Kent is full of sheep shaggers I was told just like Wales? Anyone who knows different feel free to post.:ner:

Oi, i was born in kent and also lived in Wales, never shagged a sheep in my life, plenty of dogs though,

Did you know that Welsh men are now using button flys, its so the sheep don't run away when they here the sound of a zip being unfastened

Jonboy
10-02-2011, 16:55
It is this Sunday that this (http://www.audiojumble.co.uk/) is on, my table is booked and i'll be in the Medway hall :)

I'll probably come back with more than i take as usual, although i'm on strick instructions not to :lol:

John
10-02-2011, 17:13
I be coming down Hope to chat

Jonboy
10-02-2011, 19:51
I be coming down Hope to chat

Look forward to it, i've got table 8 on the right hand side, i'll be the fat bald bloke with a stuble beard

John
10-02-2011, 20:03
I be the fat long haired guy with stubble lol (ohh that might 15% of the customers)

Beobloke
11-02-2011, 09:04
It is this I'll probably come back with more than i take as usual, although i'm on strick instructions not to :lol:

At the last event back in October, I vowed not to buy anything as there was something on eBay that I really, really wanted ending the day after the event.

Consequently I left behind a couple of really good bargains and then got outbid on the bl**dy eBay item anyway. :steam:

Won't be making that mistake again.....:mental:

BTH K10A
13-02-2011, 20:17
Found some bargain goodies ;)

biggzy
13-02-2011, 20:49
Anyone going to share what bargains they got today?

Adam.

Beechwoods
13-02-2011, 21:03
Yeah, make us all jealous. I particularly don't want to hear about how many excellent reel to reel machines there were there, and for pocket money prices ;)

BTH K10A
13-02-2011, 21:11

Adam.

Picked up:

Surrey Electronics Disc Amplifier 4
Audio+Design BBC Propak II
Lots of vinyl.

biggzy
13-02-2011, 22:21
Picked up:

Surrey Electronics Disc Amplifier 4
Audio+Design BBC Propak II
Lots of vinyl.

The Surrey is a phono preamp isn't it? nice little amp
Not sure what the Propak II is.

Adam.

BTH K10A
13-02-2011, 22:44
The Surrey is a phono preamp isn't it? nice little amp
Not sure what the Propak II is.

Adam.

Yes Surrey Electronics made phono amps that the BBC used. Good quality insige, even the mains transformer has MU metal shielding. It also has a rolloff filter whivh fortunately has a bypass setting.

It's an MM stage but with a pair of Haufe Seimens T41 SUT's I intend to use it as the phono stage for the additional 997 12" arm I am planning to add to my EMT 930. The 997 will be converted from a spare 929 I have by the manufacturer.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0829.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0827.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0830.jpg

The Propak II ie again BBC kit and will allow me to use my Pioneer TT 707 on the other side of the room to my pre amp.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0831.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/emttsd15/IMG_0832.jpg

Barry
13-02-2011, 22:54
Surrey Electronics were always well regarded by professionals. I remember reading favourable reviews in 'Studio Sound' magazine.

BTH K10A
13-02-2011, 23:34
Surrey Electronics were always well regarded by professionals. I remember reading favourable reviews in 'Studio Sound' magazine.

Yes, I've seen copy of an article on the web. The specs look good and so does the build quality. The delicate shade of blue is an aquired taste though.

I'll hook up it up to the 401 and try a few cartridges with it. I can feed it into one of the spare balanced inputs on the Toft pre.

Beobloke
14-02-2011, 10:28

Adam.

I bought..............absolutely nothing.

I must be getting old and jaded! :(

Barry
14-02-2011, 10:32
Yes, I've seen copy of an article on the web. The specs look good and so does the build quality. The delicate shade of blue is an aquired taste though.

I'll hook up it up to the 401 and try a few cartridges with it. I can feed it into one of the spare balanced inputs on the Toft pre.

Could be worse - the units designed for domestic use were painted a fairly bright green. If you find you can't put up with the colour, sell it to me! :eyebrows:

Regards

Zoidburg
14-02-2011, 13:09
I had an hour wandering round on sunday and it was great. I didnt spend much money but did pick up a few records iv been after for a while. Great afternoon all in all.

Jonboy
14-02-2011, 17:10
I did alright and sold a lot of stuff and i didn't buy a thing apart from tea and cake, i didn't get to wonder around until the afternoon, some stuff very reasonable and other stuff for telephone numbers, i did take a fancy to a large class A Technics solid stater Amp with big VU meters but the guy didn't want to sell it so the £500 asking price was reflected this way, it was a very good do with the most people i had ever seen there, anyway the wifes happy with the wad i gave her and not so much crap to trip over and i still have a bit of pocket money left for a play with something else ;)

BTH K10A
14-02-2011, 20:01
I did alright and sold a lot of stuff and i didn't buy a thing apart from tea and cake, i didn't get to wonder around until the afternoon, some stuff very reasonable and other stuff for telephone numbers, i did take a fancy to a large class A Technics solid stater Amp with big VU meters but the guy didn't want to sell it so the £500 asking price was reflected this way, it was a very good do with the most people i had ever seen there, anyway the wife's happy with the wad i gave her and not so much crap to trip over and i still have a bit of pocket money left for a play with something else ;)

I arrived about 09:15 and the queue was a lot longer than I have ever seen before. The organisers were good and walked along the queue taking prepayment so when they opened we all walked straight in. :)

HiFi News had a stand selling some back issues. Thought I'd collar the editor regarding the bad review they gave the JBL Array 1400's. :donk:

Fair play, he apologised about the review and said they were actually great speakers but gave they gave them to a reviewer who didn't like horns. :mental:
Apparently they won't make that mistake again.;)

DSJR
14-02-2011, 20:10
Horns can have issues, as can any type of speaker I suppose, but I don't remember 60's and early 70's reviews having such personal bias as they seemed to in more recent "subjective" times.

Robin Marshall was using and liking the Array models a few years ago. If he can enjoy them after all the (mostly) excellent speakers he's designed, then they can't be bad :king:

BTH K10A
14-02-2011, 20:31
Horns can have issues, as can any type of speaker I suppose, but I don't remember 60's and early 70's reviews having such personal bias as they seemed to in more recent "subjective" times.

Robin Marshall was using and liking the Array models a few years ago. If he can enjoy them after all the (mostly) excellent speakers he's designed, then they can't be bad :king:

Yes all speakers have foibles but the Array's are one of the most un-horn like natural sounding horn speakers you can get. Not cheap but compared against the next models up in the JBL range, an absolute bargain. :)

Anyway it seems that particular reviewer has since departed. :wave: