PDA

View Full Version : LFD PAO and LFD PSO

kendun
07-01-2011, 23:36
This is my first review so do bear me with me if my terms aren’t technical or my description isn’t clear. I have had a LFD PSO(preamp) and LFD PAO(power amp) driving a pair of Proac 1SCs for a couple of months now. I bought these amps after selling my Sony 700ES(110watts per channel ).

I listen to all genres of music and I have found these amps to be really good with all genres,I find that a majority of my CDs sound a lot more engaging that I listen to full albums now rather than selecting favourite songs etc.In the past I used to search for selected songs and skip through the rest of the CD,I haven’t done that for a while – it seems a lot more relaxing listening to the same CDs now.

So how does the music sound - The bass is tight, an excellent midrange and wonderful highs,no harshness at all. Guitars (especially acoustic )and piano etc sound vivid. I am very impressed by the resolution ad details brought out in recordings.

It’s rated at 50W I think,but it doesn’t have any difficulty whatsoever in driving the Proacs . The only disappointment I have is that in terms of my hifi journey I don’t think I’ll want to buy another amp now as I am not sure how significant the upgrade would be/what difference I’ll notice and I’m very very happy with these amps. I do end up staying up late most nights now listening to music as I don’t feel like hitting the bed without the CD finishing.

Enjoy the music folks and take care.

macnugget
07-01-2011, 23:46
Hi

I have recently acquired a LFD Zero Integrated and just wondering how much difference between them.

I missed out on a PA2M about a month ago and looks like I might play with the Zero for a while before I decide whether to change or not.

kendun
08-01-2011, 01:42
How far are you from Bolton? You could try my amps with your set up to see if there's any difference.

macnugget
08-01-2011, 09:06
Thanks for the offer. That's a great idea! I am about 135 miles from you I think.

I will pm you my number for a chat perhaps.

Atb

Stephen

John
08-01-2011, 09:16
Thanks for the review and glad the new amp works for you

hifi_dave
08-01-2011, 11:51
As you move up the LFD range you get refinement, prescence and ease. Other brands give you more power and extra bass as you spend more but often the lower models sound better than the more expensive/more complicated models.

The latest Integrated LE Mk.IV sounds at least as good as previous pre/power combos as LFD have refined their circuitry. Older pre/power amps can usually be up-dated.

kendun
08-01-2011, 20:25
Thanks for the offer. That's a great idea! I am about 135 miles from you I think.

I will pm you my number for a chat perhaps.

Atb

Stephen

No worries Stephen,will catch up with you later

kendun
08-01-2011, 20:26
Thanks for the review and glad the new amp works for you

No probs at all John

kendun
08-01-2011, 20:28
As you move up the LFD range you get refinement, prescence and ease. Other brands give you more power and extra bass as you spend more but often the lower models sound better than the more expensive/more complicated models.

The latest Integrated LE Mk.IV sounds at least as good as previous pre/power combos as LFD have refined their circuitry. Older pre/power amps can usually be up-dated.

Hi Dave,
I think at present I'm enjoying listening to my old CDs,will refrain from an upgrade for the moment :)