PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting sick & tired of this

Rare Bird
02-01-2011, 13:29
I've just put on the CD player one of the new CD's i got for Christmas to find out that even though a couple of tracks are suppose to seamlessly continue into each other, what i'm getting is the same as i would with an lossy file, a slight pause as the track moves into the next.Are these people using lossless files to make up CD's now? This totally out of order. :steam: I now have to try source the older issue of it.

Has anyone else encountered this?

WAD62
02-01-2011, 13:32
I've just put on the CD player one of the new CD's i got for Christmas to find out that even though a couple of tracks are suppose to seamlessly continue into each other, what i'm getting is the same as i would with an lossy file, a slight pause as the track moves into the next.Are these people using lossless files to make up CD's now? This totally out of order. :steam: I now have to try source the older issue of it.

Could it be a pirate/bootleg copy?

Rare Bird
02-01-2011, 13:34
Could it be a pirate/bootleg copy?

Hi Will
Na it's lagit

Macca
02-01-2011, 13:35

Probably they have inserted a track break so that you can select individual tracks even though as an artistic composition they are supposed to blend together without a pause. More likely than it being assembled from downloads I would think.

WAD62
02-01-2011, 13:36
Probably they have inserted a track break so that you can select individual tracks even though as an artistic composition they are supposed to blend together without a pause. More likely than it being assembled from downloads I would think.

One doesn't need gaps to be able to select individual tracks...

WAD62
02-01-2011, 13:44
Hi Will
Na it's lagit

Must be a production issue.

Even if it was from mp3, it would be very simple to remove the gaps, so it must be a blunder on someone's part...

Rare Bird
02-01-2011, 13:47
Must be a production issue.

Even if it was from mp3, it would be very simple to remove the gaps, so it must be a blunder on someone's part...

The annoying thing is i sold the edition before this remaster (supposid) which didnt appear to have these issues :(

Macca
02-01-2011, 13:49

So probably done by someone who didn't really know what they were doing like 90% of things nowadays:)

Jac Hawk
02-01-2011, 13:52
The annoying thing is i sold the edition before this remaster (supposid) which didnt appear to have these issues :(

Yup i've had the same problem, you can get software that will be able to take the gap out, then you would need to burn your doctered copy to a new cd.

Spectral Morn
02-01-2011, 14:16

They are called index points but I don't think they are that common anymore used to be common with Classical music.

Which CD is it Andre?

Regards D S D L