PDA

View Full Version : My present system

WAN
25-12-2010, 15:42
I use a Thorens TD 126 record deck fitted with a SME 3009-R tonearm to which is put an Ortofon Jubilee moving coil cartridge.
The amplifier is Quad 33-303, and I have a set of omni-directional Sonab OA 116 loudspeakers.

I am listening to long playing records with classical music of which my collection counts 2000, encompassing music from early gregorian chant to contemporary works of Schnittke.

Best regards,
Wan

Marco
25-12-2010, 16:00
Hi Wan,

Welcome to AoS! Where are you from, my friend? :)

Merry Christmas! :cool:

Marco.

dantheman91
25-12-2010, 17:22
:cool:
I use a Thorens TD 126 record deck fitted with a SME 3009-R tonearm to which is put an Ortofon Jubilee moving coil cartridge.
The amplifier is Quad 33-303, and I have a set of omni-directional Sonab OA 116 loudspeakers.

I am listening to long playing records with classical music of which my collection counts 2000, encompassing music from early gregorian chant to contemporary works of Schnittke.

Best regards,
Wan

Hi

Welcome to the forum mate merry xmas to you good choice i have recently bought a Quad 33/303 for £150 bargin they are superb peices of kit

Dan

WAN
26-12-2010, 23:58
Hello Marco,
Thanks a lot. I am from Norway.
Merry Christmas!
Best regards,
Andreas

Hello Dan,
Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas. I am listening to the Quad 33-303 for many years, and yes, they are simply superb. So good that I am planning to search for another 303 in case of fault on the present one.
Yes, £ 150 for both must have been a good purchase.
Best regards,
Andreas

DSJR
27-12-2010, 00:02
Hi Andreas, the Sonabs were before their time in the UK and the omni-directional presentation isn't for everyone, but in client's homes, they could sound superb and the bigger the model, the better I found.

Hope you enjoy it here :)

dantheman91
27-12-2010, 09:11
Hello Marco,
Thanks a lot. I am from Norway.
Merry Christmas!
Best regards,
Andreas

Hello Dan,
Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas. I am listening to the Quad 33-303 for many years, and yes, they are simply superb. So good that I am planning to search for another 303 in case of fault on the present one.
Yes, £ 150 for both must have been a good purchase.
Best regards,
Andreas

Hello Mate

Yes they were a bargin from my local hi-fi shop absolutly no marks on it and has the orginal boxes manuels.

Spectral Morn
27-12-2010, 14:20

Best regards,
Wan

Hi Wan

You haven't posted up any photos of your system......:scratch:

As this is the Gallery section of the forum it would be great if you could post a few in this thread :cool:

Regards D S D L